Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Biting in playgroup?

notshanarishona

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 9:51 pm
My daughter recently started a new playgroup. She has come home bitten several times, all from the same child. The teacher/ parents are aware and are punishing and trying to watch more closely but it seems to keep happening.
There are only 3 more weeks to the school year so it seems silly to switch her again but I hate to leave her with this.
Is this common? What can I expect and would you switch your child over this?
WWYD?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 10:05 pm
There's nothing you can do it only takes a second for a kid to bite even with 10 eyes in the room just know it's really not the teachers or the parents fault it's a stage you can't help it

gold21

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 10:13 pm
What was the reason you switched your child to this group mid-year?

I would expect the biting child to be removed from the group if he/she bites on a continual basis. Once or twice, that happens to many kids. But a kid who bites regularly needs to be kept at home until he/she is ready for the group environment.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 7:25 am
We switched b/c we moved.

The other kid is not going to be kicked out, until next year when she is going elsewhere, it's the child of the babysitter.

I need to decide if I don't find that its being prevented, if its worth finding an alternate arrangement at this point of the year, which might end up private babysitting costing a fortune and with no social for my daughter .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics