Home

Hotel?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother






Post  Thu, Aug 09 2007, 12:41 am
So, in a few weeks it's going to be DH's birthday and our anniversary. It looks like Mikvah night is going to be the night between those two dates.

I'm thinking of surprising DH and booking a hotel room for the night.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice hotel that isn't too expensive? We live in Boro Park, but we have a car, so we can travel anywhere within about an hour.

I'd love a really exceptional hotel, but I'm sure that's out of our budget, so if you know of anywhere reasonable and nice, please share.

Also, are there any good websites to search for hotels? Someone told me about hotels.com but they seemed very expensive on there.

thanks for your help,
Amother
Back to top

MrsLeo









  


Post  Thu, Aug 09 2007, 12:54 am
the hilton by newark airport is pretty nice and not too expensive (around $100 a night) search it on hotels.com, expedia.com, hotwire.com, and the like for a good price.
Back to top

dewyt









  


Post  Thu, Aug 09 2007, 12:04 pm
yeah we just stayed in hyatt in princeton, n.j. it was realllly nice. heres a link
http://princeton.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp
Back to top

rise above









  


Post  Thu, Aug 09 2007, 3:45 pm
why not try doing priceline for the nyc area. you can get an incredible deal that way! try putting in your desired rate for a 4 star hotel and you may just get what you're looking for.
Back to top

anon









  


Post  Thu, Aug 09 2007, 4:00 pm
Just to expand on the post below....

Priceline has an additional feature (when searching for hotels) called "Deeper Discounts". You can't choose a specific hotel...you just put in the hotel rating you want, the location you want, and the amount you want to spend. You may be surprised by what great deal you can get. But be careful...you only get to put in a new price once a day. So you can't just keep upping the price by $5 until you get the lowest possible price (unless you start many days in advance and put in a slightly higher price every day).

Just to give you an idea....we got a 3 star hotel for around $50 per night in two different locations.
Back to top

cindy324









  


Post  Thu, Aug 09 2007, 4:09 pm
I second the Hyatt in Princeton, although I've never been there.

Another option, also in Princeton would be the Westin Forrestal Village . Gorgeous hotel, the beds are absolute heaven (they're not called Heavenly Beds for nothin') you even get a plush white bathrobe in your room. The hotel itself is situated in a huge courtyard- like setting with a bunch of small retail stores like Bass shoes, Lechter's housewares, Osh Kosh, etc. It's absolutely beautiful to walk around in. Also runs baout 100/night and its a 4 star hotel.
Back to top

rise above









  


Post  Thu, Aug 09 2007, 4:11 pm
)
anon wrote:
Just to expand on the post below....

Priceline has an additional feature (when searching for hotels) called "Deeper Discounts". You can't choose a specific hotel...you just put in the hotel rating you want, the location you want, and the amount you want to spend. You may be surprised by what great deal you can get. But be careful...you only get to put in a new price once a day. So you can't just keep upping the price by $5 until you get the lowest possible price (unless you start many days in advance and put in a slightly higher price every day).

Just to give you an idea....we got a 3 star hotel for around $50 per night in two different locations.


that's what I meant (guess I'm too tired to write clearly Embarassed )
I recently went to california and tried my luck with priceline name your own price. I got the nicest (5 star) hotel in downtown san diego for $90 a night! I was shocked when my offer was accepted, and until we actually got to the front desk and they had our names in the system I was sure it was all a big joke!- but it wasnt and it was great bH to feel like you stretched your dollar bills so far.
Back to top

cindy324









  


Post  Thu, Aug 09 2007, 4:15 pm
yeah , anon, we used to do Priceline back in the days when we were able to fit in to a regular hotel room, lol. Now that I have 3 kids, unfortunately it's no longer an option.

My friends and I used to put in the same area at $45-$50/ night, and we knew we'd end up at the same place every time. We always got a 3 star Sheraton, it was great!

Also, I think I remember that you couldn't make another request for like 48 or even 72 hours if your first offer was rejected. Are you sure it's only 24 hours?

You can also try Hotwire. There at least you see the hotel rating, the amenities, like if there's a pool, and they give you the price, but you only see the hotel's name once your credit card's been charged.
Back to top

anon









  


Post  Thu, Aug 09 2007, 4:23 pm
cindy324 wrote:


Also, I think I remember that you couldn't make another request for like 48 or even 72 hours if your first offer was rejected. Are you sure it's only 24 hours?


I'm not sure it's 24 hours, it's just what I seem to remember. But I could totally be wrong. 72 hours seems like a lot though.
Back to top

anon









  


Post  Thu, Aug 09 2007, 4:24 pm
rise above wrote:
)
anon wrote:
Just to expand on the post below....

Priceline has an additional feature (when searching for hotels) called "Deeper Discounts". You can't choose a specific hotel...you just put in the hotel rating you want, the location you want, and the amount you want to spend. You may be surprised by what great deal you can get. But be careful...you only get to put in a new price once a day. So you can't just keep upping the price by $5 until you get the lowest possible price (unless you start many days in advance and put in a slightly higher price every day).

Just to give you an idea....we got a 3 star hotel for around $50 per night in two different locations.


that's what I meant (guess I'm too tired to write clearly Embarassed )


I knew that's what you meant, I just wanted to make it very clear for the OP Smile
Back to top

cindy324









  


Post  Fri, Aug 10 2007, 11:29 am
Anon, you were right. I copied this from Priceline's website:


If priceline does not accept your offer, you can change the star level or area you requested and try again immediately. Or, you can try your exact same request again 24 hours later.
Back to top

Helani









  


Post  Fri, Aug 10 2007, 11:48 am
http://www.nassauinn.com/index.html
that's where we stayed for one of our sheva brachos. Princeton is a nice place to walk around.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
Rimonim Eilat Hotel (used to be called Neptune Hotel)
by amother
0 Sun, Nov 06 2011, 6:36 pm View last post
Pesach hotel, without the hotel
by amother
28 Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:15 am View last post
Hyatt hotel / Hyatt hotel in Whippany NJ
by mmyy
4 Mon, Aug 07 2017, 11:37 am View last post
by mmyy
Hotel
by amother
8 Tue, Jan 17 2012, 3:34 pm View last post
hotel 4 Mon, Mar 02 2009, 5:33 pm View last post

Jump to:  







Report offensive ad