Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Pictures from the internet

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 11:38 am
if I find an image on the internet am I allowed to use it? im not talking about the ones that have words over it - that I know is copy right. im asking about those thousands of pics online when you google something

pbandjelly

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 12:02 pm
It depends.
If you want a gaurentee that you can use a picture, search for it on a free stock photo website.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 12:40 pm
pbandjelly wrote:
It depends.
If you want a gaurentee that you can use a picture, search for it on a free stock photo website.

such as?

imasoftov

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 9:02 pm
amother wrote:
if I find an image on the internet am I allowed to use it? im not talking about the ones that have words over it - that I know is copy right. im asking about those thousands of pics online when you google something

tigerwife

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 9:07 pm
What are you using the image for? To illustrate a blog post? To use in a local advertisement? To enhance your daughter's global news report?

For the most part, I would say 'no, you cannot use a random picture off the internet' but it depends on context. For something not business related at all, like homework, I would think it is ok.

It's something everyone should keep in mind, though: any picture you put on the web, even if it's a personal social media account, can be used by complete strangers in whatever contact they wish.

pbandjelly

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 7:18 am
amother wrote:
such as?

I don't remember any off hand. Type 'free stock photo site' into Google and you'll prob find a bunch.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 7:21 am
U can search pictures with different permissions. Some let u use for reuse
Some for commercial reuse. Also make sure the quality is good.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 8:45 am
I got a phone call from a friend one day saying that she saw a pic of my ds in a yidishe magazine (like mishpacha but in yidish)
I ran to a store that sells that magazine and got a shock when I opened it.
My sons pic was on the front cover of the childrens magazine. Only him, his face blown up
I called the company. They saw the pic on onlysimchas (was his professional pre upsherin pic) and they liked the pic so decided to use it
I was maddddddd.
Was gonna take them to din toireh but at the end I decided to stay quiet.
I got so many comments and compliments but I didn't appreciate any of them.

watergirl

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 9:09 am
amother wrote:
I got a phone call from a friend one day saying that she saw a pic of my ds in a yidishe magazine (like mishpacha but in yidish)
I ran to a store that sells that magazine and got a shock when I opened it.
My sons pic was on the front cover of the childrens magazine. Only him, his face blown up
I called the company. They saw the pic on onlysimchas (was his professional pre upsherin pic) and they liked the pic so decided to use it
I was maddddddd.
Was gonna take them to din toireh but at the end I decided to stay quiet.
I got so many comments and compliments but I didn't appreciate any of them.

Here's a story - a number of years ago, when facebook was still relatively new and people weren't so savvy, a friend of mine got an email from his brother who was on a vacation/tour in Japan. Imagine his shock to see his brother's family pasted on the side of all the public city buses! It was an ad for something - this family is all blonde hair, blue eyes, perfect teeth, you get the idea. They lifted it right off of his facebook page! His settings weren't private at the time, and this guys family is so picture perfect.

People do it all the time.

kb

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 10:59 am
http://thevisualcommunicationg.....4.jpg
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics