Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
DEVILED CHICKEN THIGHS

Amarante

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 1:48 pm
These were easy and very tasty. Good served cold so leftovers are nice. You can adjust the heat by using less hot sauce if you aren't feeling devilish LOL
Exploding anger Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Notes are from the cookbook.

DEVILED CHICKEN THIGHS

Source: “Charlie Palmer’s American Fare: Everyday Recipes from My Kitchens to Yours.”

In my early cooking days, many chefs would take the bones from a standing beef rib roast and turn them into “deviled beef bones” as a way of using meaty bones that would have otherwise been discarded. This is my take on that old-fashioned recipe. Sometimes I do a combination of thighs and legs and serve them with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks—reminiscent of another spicy chicken dish, Buffalo wings.

Serves 6

12 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs (or drumsticks)
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
Salt and coarse ground pepper
⅔ cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1½ tablespoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups dried bread crumbs (see Note)
⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon smoked paprika

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Set out a large nonstick rimmed baking sheet or line a regular rimmed baking sheet with either a silicone liner or parchment paper.
Rinse the chicken and then pat very dry. Combine the garlic powder with salt and pepper in a small bowl. Using your fingertips, generously season both sides of each piece with the garlic powder mixture and place the seasoned chicken in a large bowl

Blend the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne in a medium mixing bowl. Pour over the chicken and toss to coat well.

Combine the bread crumbs with the parsley and smoked paprika in a large shallow bowl. Working with one piece of chicken at a time, roll in the bread crumb mixture, taking care to coat completely. As coated, place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.

Bake the chicken for about 35 minutes or until the juices run clear and the exterior is golden brown and crisp. Serve.

Note: For this recipe, don’t use fresh bread crumbs. You need the dry, commercially packaged bread crumbs that are finer than homemade. Don’t, however, use flavored bread crumbs as this recipe has more than enough seasoning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey