Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Vaccination
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 7:13 pm
Anyone else cringe every time u vaccinate ur kid? I have a 9 y,o hu is all up to date. She has a issues. I feel sum of it is due to vaccines.not all but I feel vaccines contributed to some of her problems. I have a 4 month old and I am dreading going to doc and vaccinating her. anyone feel the same way? Is it a hard process to just say no even if school insists?

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 7:32 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone else cringe every time u vaccinate ur kid? I have a 9 y,o hu is all up to date. She has a issues. I feel sum of it is due to vaccines.not all but I feel vaccines contributed to some of her problems. I have a 4 month old and I am dreading going to doc and vaccinating her. anyone feel the same way? Is it a hard process to just say no even if school insists?

Repeated research over decades has proven vaccination to overwhelmingly be safe. It prevents some really horrible diseases as well (Google "baby whooping cough" to see some heartbreaking videos of what can happen if you don't protect against pertussis, for example). Side effects from vaccines can happen but are exceedingly rare. Try to stay off internet websites, many of them are totally unscientific and plain wrong about vaccines. It's always hard to stick needles in your baby but you're doing the best thing. Hugs mama! Talk to your pediatrician about your worries....not people on the Internet, because they don't really know.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 9:27 pm
Yes I'm very stressed out for a week before a vaccine and for a couple of weeks after. How difficult it is to say no to vaccines varys from state to state. It is a lot of work where I live. The schools will give you a hard time and if they absolutely refuse to accept an exemption, you will have to take it to court. If your child and previous children already have some vaccines, that makes it even more difficult. It is doable but you'd have to be really motivated and willing to put in the work (in some states, it is easier, I can only speak for my state). If you're very nervous about vaccines, you can talk to your doctor about how you can space them, give one at a time, and don't give a vaccine if your child has a cold or is fighting anything. Wait till the cold is gone and the child is in optimal health when he/she has the vaccine done.

Health is a Virture

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 3:48 am
yes I daven very hard and just tell myself "I am doing the best hishtadlus that I feel is right (which obviously differs from person to person just as all hishtadlus in all areas differs from person to person.)"
the scary part is that really proper research has not been done on vaccines, and they don't claim to ever want to do it. The medical field is afraid of doing the research because they feel that the risk of mass people not giving the vaccine is worse then all the side effects of the vaccine. It is a fact that autism is on the rise, but we don't do the proper research to find out why. It could be a host of other reasons besides vaccines, but it's too complicated as well as risky (from the medical viewpoint) to do the research.
I tell myself we don't know why some kids react to the stuff in the vaccines. And then I wonder if it's the disease in the vaccine or the vaccine itself that causes the side-effects. For example, I have a child that has side effects to the exposure of the strep (we are now treating it naturally with building up his immune system). So, I think that maybe it's the disease itself causing all these harmful effects and maybe, just maybe, if that child would have gotten said disease then their reaction would have been much much worse. And in the olden days, many of the kids died from these diseases and nowadays with modern medical care, maybe there would be more cases of autism, blindness, deafness, etc. because while maybe they wouldn't die, there would be other ill lasting effects....

that's how I make it through giving a vaccine. I do delay, only give in the spring/summer months, if they have a cold, I delay, and I wish my kids would get chicken pox before I give it in vaccine form. I also refuse some vaccines.

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:27 am
I believe that according to the recent rule change, that this subject can only be rehashed again in "controversial topics"

[actually, the rule is either controversial or children's health to allow anon posting - Yael]

chani8

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:41 am
I have no choice but to give vaccines to the babies in my care, and every.single.time, I feel like it's russian roulette. I had to resuscitate my own baby many years ago from a vaccine reaction. I'll never forget that!

My POV on vaccines is that in this day and age, there is no excuse for vaccines that cause harm of any kind. Improve them and eliminate the side effects!

If the medical establishment continues to deny and cover up the truth of vaccine dangers, then how will the vaccine industry ever be forced to develop safer vaccines.

I'm certainly not against vaccines in theory. I wish we could all take a shot for whatever ails us and be cured and healthy and live happily ever after. But these days, when we vaccinate, we are indeed taking a risk.

To promote that vaccines are safe is ignorance. It comes down to, what risk are you willing to take? Some of us have no choice but to take the vaccine risk. And with the govt trying to mandate it, it seems we might all lose our ability to choose.

I wish we could just trust that the vaccines were safe. Sad

Health is a Virture

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:23 am
chani you live in eretz yisrael, is Israel trying to mandate it? I have always been under the impression that they encourage it a lot, want us to give the vaccines, but in no way are we forced to give it at all. has something/is something possibly changing here....or are you just talking about in America?

chani8

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 6:52 am
Health is a Virture wrote:
chani you live in eretz yisrael, is Israel trying to mandate it? I have always been under the impression that they encourage it a lot, want us to give the vaccines, but in no way are we forced to give it at all. has something/is something possibly changing here....or are you just talking about in America?

Talking about the US. Though there was something about it being an agenda here, too. But I'm not sure how real that is.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 7:44 am
There is a system called VAERS where the government has payed billions of dollars to families who's children had proven adverse reactions from vaccines. U may not be able to prove it though. If you think your child had an adverse reaction, then minimize and delay. Your children may be vulnerable to something in the vaccine..

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 11:15 am
Thank u everyone for ur feedback. I was expecting to hear vaccinate vaccinate vaccinate that the benefits outweigh the risks... So thanks for being helpful and not negative.

mille

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 11:54 am
Talk to your doctor before you make any medical decisions. They should listen to your concerns and explain everything. If they don't, you probably need a new doctor. Vaccines are very safe and despite what a previous poster said, have been researched enormously.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 12:34 pm
Docs push vaccinations that's y I wouldn't talk to my pediatrician about my concerns she wud just say they r not valid and nothing was ever proven .... I don't know yt what I'm going to do about my baby but the thought of having another child with issues makes me feel hopeless and as I said I don't think all issues r from vaccinations but I think some are or vaccinations made issues worse

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 1:13 pm
amother wrote:
There is a system called VAERS where the government has payed billions of dollars to families who's children had proven adverse reactions from vaccines. U may not be able to prove it though. If you think your child had an adverse reaction, then minimize and delay. Your children may be vulnerable to something in the vaccine..

Incorrect. VAERS is only a record of parental report of some reaction - there is no proof that ANY of them were reactions to the vaccine. DON'T give out incorrect information like this.

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 1:15 pm
amother wrote:
Thank u everyone for ur feedback. I was expecting to hear vaccinate vaccinate vaccinate that the benefits outweigh the risks... So thanks for being helpful and not negative.

The benefits absolutely DO outweigh the risks. Vaccinate. Vaccinate. Vaccinate. Your pediatrician knows FAR MORE than random women on the Internet do, so please use common sense and listen to him/her, not Imamothers screaming about the "dangers" of vaccination.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 1:33 pm
There is a middle ground here. Ask your doctor what vaccinations are absolutely crucial for an infant that age. Meningitis is a big one. Ask which ones can be delayed, and what a good delay schedule would be. Ask if compounded vaccines can be given separately. Many can be given one at a time, but it will cost more than giving the standard triple doses all at once.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 3:44 pm
Right
VAERS is a reporting system. the government has paid billions to families of children who have proved adverse reactions. There are many more incidents reported to VAERS.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:00 pm
FOLLOW YOU MOTHERLY INSTINCTS! dont let anyone talk you into anything you are not 100% ok with. if anything c'v does happen you will stay stuck with the side effect. not me, not all other posters, and not your dr.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:08 pm
As Dr. Sherri Tenpenny says: Read the package insert. Look up the ingredients in the vaccine and then decide if you want that to be injected into your healthy child. You're the Mom, you get the choice.

Not an easy decision either way. You need to take responsibility for whichever route you take.

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:19 pm
amother wrote:
As Dr. Sherri Tenpenny says: Read the package insert. Look up the ingredients in the vaccine and then decide if you want that to be injected into your healthy child. You're the Mom, you get the choice.

Not an easy decision either way. You need to take responsibility for whichever route you take.

Dr. Tenpenny is the quack of all quacks, and anyone with a medical or science background knows this. When it comes to vaccination, you ask your pediatrician - you don't "follow motherly instincts" that tell you not to immunize your kids. That is stupid advice.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:28 pm
amother wrote:
Dr. Tenpenny is the quack of all quacks, and anyone with a medical or science background knows this. When it comes to vaccination, you ask your pediatrician - you don't "follow motherly instincts" that tell you not to immunize your kids. That is stupid advice.

what makes her a quack? when it comes to buying a car ask only 1 company what their opinion on all other car companies and then believe them that theirs is truly the best...
yes, Hashem gave me this child so I will decide whats good for him not some random man however learned he may think he is.
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics