Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Who is running this year's BP lag b'omer kinnus on 18th Ave
1  2  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 7:17 pm
It was organized by Lubavitch for many years, but I heard that due to politics (and pure sinaas chinam), Lubavitch is no longer running it.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 8:31 am
Bump

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 9:53 am
Oh really? Interesting. I assumed it was lubavitch again. Loved it. They were so lebedig! If I manage to go again this year (we moved quite far) I'll check.
That stupid stupid robo call from Satmar (I assume) warning not to let your kids go made my blood boil. Who do you think you are?! Where do you think you are?! I was so disgusted and told my kids so.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 10:18 am
amother wrote:

That stupid stupid robo call from Satmar (I assume) warning not to let your kids go made my blood boil. Who do you think you are?! Where do you think you are?! I was so disgusted and told my kids so.

Mine, too! I was horrified!

Jeanette

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 10:29 am
The Rebbe always said that he is here to do things that others are not doing, so if others are arranging a lag baomer event so be it. There's a big world and lots of work to do and no time or energy to waste on machlokes.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 10:41 am
AFAIK it is Lubavitch running it again this year.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 11:12 am
My son will be playing at the band today it is chabad doing it

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 11:22 am
I'm glad we're not on satmar's call list. Unbelievable.
We love and welcome the chabad Lag Ba'omer parade each year!

mfb

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 3:53 pm
Anyone heard of a parade on ocean parkway?

Maya

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:01 pm
amother wrote:
Oh really? Interesting. I assumed it was lubavitch again. Loved it. They were so lebedig! If I manage to go again this year (we moved quite far) I'll check.

Why didn't they want the kids to go, because it was Lubavitch backed?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:05 pm
Maya wrote:
Why didn't they want the kids to go, because it was Lubavitch backed?

Yes.

Maya

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:14 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Yes.

Wow, I thought they were past that.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:36 pm
I heard a bunch of cheders in Boro Park assered it too.

Shame on them.

Chloe

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:09 pm
Was it an anonymous Satmar person, or coming officially from Satmar.
First one may just be an idiot, the latter is utterly disgusting.
We all have lots to learn from Chabad, starting with Ahavas Yisroel............

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:24 pm
amother wrote:
I heard a bunch of cheders in Boro Park assered it too.

Shame on them.

Looks like the ones behind the call are just a bunch of losers, nebach. All the kids I saw arriving had long curly payos. They certainly were NOT Chabad. It seems Chabad boys were directing everyone. Beautiful Achdus!

It was just getting started and its beautiful.I was just there as the kids were arriving. Theyre set up for a huge crowd, and judging from the crowds arriving from every block, there will be a huge crowd.

I think PURPOSELY because the calls were meant to D I V I D E Jews, instead of unify Jews, its a Mitzvah to go! But Im pretty sure the crowds will be huge anyhow.

sourstix

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 7:32 pm
what did they say on the call?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 9:16 pm
amother wrote:
Looks like the ones behind the call are just a bunch of losers, nebach.

It wasn't just a call; I have family members in a few different chassidish cheders in Boro Park whose principal/rebbeim 'banned' them from going.

In one yeshiva, when the boys asked why, the menahel said, "Nisht ales kenst di farshtayn." (You can't understand everything.)

Later they found out it was for pure political reasons.

What a disgusting thing to do, drag boys into a political mess and ban them for such a stupid reason.

I'm sure the kinus was beautiful. Glad a lot of people came.

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 9:31 pm
There was one robo call and it was a silly person behind it. I don't think Satmer themselves made the call. They had a lot of boys attending but not as full as the previous years. I think in general there is a bigger crowd on Sundays. Lubabitch ran it as usual. They got a ten. It was so professionaly done. They had big screens and a ton of seating. The band was amazing!!! Tell your son he did a great job(-to the previous poster that has a son that played).

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 9:34 pm
Does anyone know how many people were expected, and how many people showed up?

I think some Chassidishe people of importance are scared that boys might see that Chabad people are normal after all.

I wonder if Ultra Chassidish parents look upon a child becoming a Chabad follower with the same disgust as if the child had gone off the derech and joined Footsteps, lo aleinu.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 10:17 pm
Hi I am the previous poster with a son in the band , it was a beautiful event it was my first time at the parade it was very professional !! It was packed no empty seats,the band played really well kodus to the yeshiva for bringing the band to the kinus my son was super excited !!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days