Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can't afford new clothes
1  2  Next

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 4:58 pm
It's a new season and everyone is running to go shopping. I can't afford new clothes even cheap clothes like from forever 21 and this makes me sad. I was never a high maintenance girl and I don't have a whole closet full of clothes but wish I could buy a few items. Just needed to vent.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 5:05 pm
I just bought two very pretty tops by Kohls for $8, and a skirt for $16. It's not a lot but it makes me feel good about myself. Is there anywhere you can scrounge for some change?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 5:43 pm
amother wrote:
It's a new season and everyone is running to go shopping. I can't afford new clothes even cheap clothes like from forever 21 and this makes me sad. I was never a high maintenance girl and I don't have a whole closet full of clothes but wish I could buy a few items. Just needed to vent.

I'm in the same boat. I just had a baby and I can't even afford to get $10 nursing bras....

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 5:58 pm
I am also in the same boat. I cant even afford the second hand store.

seeker

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:08 pm
amother wrote:
I'm in the same boat. I just had a baby and I can't even afford to get $10 nursing bras....

Amother can you PM me? This may be a little personal but if you tell me your size I might be able to help. I bought some while I was nursing that I either never or barely wore because my size kept changing. I think I got rid of some already but still have some, and can check.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:20 pm
amother wrote:

I would be glad to buy you some.

exhausted

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:21 pm
So would I. With pleasure.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:22 pm
Its very hard. I dont own a shabbos robe but dont feel like I can spend the money on one now. So instead I get dressed every friday night and sit uncomfortably on the couch.

seeker

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:32 pm
If you can't afford it I understand, have been there recently, but if it's just robe prices you can't afford my robe is a $20 maxi dress from Marshall's.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:
Its very hard. I dont own a shabbos robe but dont feel like I can spend the money on one now. So instead I get dressed every friday night and sit uncomfortably on the couch.

On shabbos night I wear maxi dresses from Burlington. I never spent more than $18, I think the one I got for Pesach was $12. I think there a lot more modern looking than a robe. I can't see myself spending $60plus dollars on a robe.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:36 pm
amother wrote:
On shabbos night I wear maxi dresses from Burlington. I never spent more than $18, I think the one I got for Pesach was $12. I think there a lot more modern looking than a robe. I can't see myself spending $60plus dollars on a robe.

Maxi dresses are not flattering on me I wish.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:36 pm
amother wrote:

Yellow, Dodgerblue, Royalblue, where do you live, and what size are you? I may have some clothes, in great condition, for you.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:
Maxi dresses are not flattering on me I wish.

I think you need to try a few styles on.

seeker

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 7:13 pm
Yes, maxi dresses come in many different cuts and fabrics. And if you worry about fitting in with styles, I saw some in Burlington that were fancy enough to wear to a wedding, so sounds about on level with what they call Shabbos robes in Brooklyn Wink No, really, styles that would totally go, I think. The one I bought is more casual and not what they'd wear as a Shabbos robe in Boro Park but there were a LOT of different styles. Not all of them are slinky and high-waisted.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 7:28 pm
Please pm me your size

I am moving in a few months and need to get rid of stuff in very good conditioin

seeker

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 7:31 pm
Or a different idea, since you're amother anyway, why not post your size here and then we can tell you whether our offers are relevant and so you don't need to out yourself if not.

SRB

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 8:43 pm
Yes, please post your locations and sizes - I just went thru my closet and have stuff to give away. I have some nice shoes 8.5 size. They are just sitting in my closet because I wanted to find a good home! Or you can pm me - I'm in Los Angeles.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 3:50 pm
and check out deja new in Lakewood- its worth a special trip there from out of town. You can find beautiful, brand new, or lightly used designer items for 1,2,3,4 dollars. A beautiful shabbos robe is like 4 dollars I think.
Just about my whole wardrobe is from there!
There is definitely more info about it on this site from similar threads

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 10:33 pm
I can totally relate. I have been losing weight (75lbs off so far) and I have almost nothing to wear, and no money to go buy anything. I haven't left my house the last three shabbos because I have no shabbos clothes to wear. To top it off I am still plus size (18/20) so it's really hard to find anything second hand.

boysrus

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 10:52 pm
is there a gemach where you live? I was in your situation a couple of years ago, and was able to get some nice things in great condition in my city's gemach
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics