Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Sandals

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 6:11 pm
1. Where do you buy boys sandals for cheap that have some support?

2. My son refuses to wear sandals without socks which really annoys me, but I guess I need closed toe because socks sticking out looks stupid, right? Any way to convince him to wear no socks? [It must be sensory because he also refuses to wear shorts, but thank goodness he is agreeing to wear short sleeves!]

I get hot looking at him and his sweaty hair.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 6:25 pm
Why are you so determined for him to wear sandals? You can buy him cloth "water shoes" that breathe really well, and offer support.

I was always terrified to let DD wear sandals. She plays very rough, and I didn't want her tender little toes to get caught in bike spokes, scraped up, or worse. Protect those tiny toes!

cm

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 6:30 pm
Does it really matter how his socks look? Do preschoolers care that much about fashion? Many people find sandals without socks uncomfortable.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 6:39 pm
OP. I am the type that always gets hot. I find it very hard to keep tznious in the summer, always wishing I could wear tank tops. Somehow, when I see my kids in what I wish I could be wearing, it makes me feel better. I want them in short sleeves or sleeveless, shorts, and sandals without socks. I know that's weird--if they don't care I shouldn't either. What, no one else feels like this? It's sort of like when they have a bath and are all clean, I feel calm. Anyone?
My son also has some peer pressure, in his class most kids have sandals for the summer.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 6:54 pm
I got saltwater dandals for my kids boy and girl. They have different stylea
Some open toe and some closed toe. I bought in amazon for about 35.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers