Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cheap out place within 3 hrs of ny

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 9:14 am
We planning moving oot iyh but I am getting nervous to be so far from family where can we move with cheap housing close to NY?

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 1:06 pm
Bump

pearled

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 3:01 pm
Hi there,
Come look into our warm and wonderful community in Northeast Philadelphia. We are about an hour and 40 minutes from Brooklyn, Very affordable housing- rentals between $800-$1200 for 2-3 bedroom walk-in garden apartments, ($150K-200k to buy 3-4 bedroom home) , schools that will warmly embrace you and be happy to give you significant tuition breaks along with significant help from state voucher money... Out of town crowd with no need to "keep up with the neighbors." Lots of kosher food, some restaurants, and great shuls. Feel free to pm me or ask me any questions for more info...

Wishing you lots of luck!

doctorima

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 5:19 pm
Scranton is less than 3 hours and housing prices are so cheap your jaw will drop and think it's a joke, but it's not. Waterbury is less than 3 hours and quite affordable. Baltimore is a little more than 3 hours, but also a nice and relatively affordable community.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:24 pm
pearled wrote:
Hi there,
Come look into our warm and wonderful community in Northeast Philadelphia. We are about an hour and 40 minutes from Brooklyn, Very affordable housing- rentals between $800-$1200 for 2-3 bedroom walk-in garden apartments, ($150K-200k to buy 3-4 bedroom home) , schools that will warmly embrace you and be happy to give you significant tuition breaks along with significant help from state voucher money... Out of town crowd with no need to "keep up with the neighbors." Lots of kosher food, some restaurants, and great shuls. Feel free to pm me or ask me any questions for more info...

Wishing you lots of luck!

Different a mother- wow sounds fantastic! Any shul websites? What is the feel of the community? Is there a kollel?

OutATowner

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:17 pm
I live in an community with affordable housing. They are offering an incentive to families who want to purchase a house. If you are looking to buy please pm me, (not many rent options) I don't want to be too specific and give away my location.

pearled

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:26 pm
Hi there,
The community here in NE Philly is pretty diverse- their is a more modern shul, and a more yeshivish shul. Their is a small kollel. The community in general is very laid-back, accepting, no need to "keep up with the jones." My shul's website is www.biozshul.org
Please feel free to pm me with any specific questions or anything! Happy to help, its a great place!

ShoshLay

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 9:48 pm
Hi. I'm involved in trying to bring more families into Harrisburg, PA. Housing here, too, could be in the $150-$225 range for something you would like. Our congregation is a comfortable and warm mix of people from varied Orthodox backgrounds. There is none of the dynamic of looking at one another to compare observances, material goods, or anything. There is just a friendly and warm respect for what each of us brings to the mix. We have eruv,mikvah, adequate kosher food, etc. There are minimal opportunities to buy prepared food out. But you really don't need that so much in a place like Harrisburg, because you start out by saving hours each week in driving and commuting time. It's a very pleasant and easy lifestyle here. And you can be in NYC within 3.5 hours. Plus we have a 1-hour drive to Baltimore for some specialty goods and an occasional nice restaurant meal. Please connect if you'd like to hear a bit more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating