Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Help me get my 3-year-old to take her probiotic

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 5:42 pm
My 3-year-old daughter needs to take a children's probiotic. I got a strawberry flavoured powder which can be put in food or drink. I've tried to put it in a few different drinks but she doesn't like it and refuses to take it. I can't put it in warm food because its kashrus status is questionable and I don't want to have to deal with separate dishes etc. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get her to take it? She's quite fussy so I'm finding it hard to hide it (ie get her to take it without her knowing) and she's also quite stubborn so I'm finding it hard to motivate her to take it knowingly. Thanks!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 5:48 pm
My daughter loved the maxihealth oradapholis tablets.

I don't know if they would be strong enough for your needs, but if so, they are alot more kid friendly than powders.

Hatzlacha!

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 6:00 pm
Cuturelle is high quality and they make a chewable probiotic for kids. Note there are dairy derivatives.

seeker

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 6:03 pm
My kids also loved the maxi health ones, but now I just use unflavored powder. It's pretty much tasteless. Applesauce is usually good for hiding supplements.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 7:02 pm
OP here: Thanks everyone for your replies! I was told to use Bio Care so that's the one I got. I'll try it with applesauce and if that doesn't work I'll see about getting the Maxi Health one. I'll let you know how it goes iyH! Thanks again!

busydev

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 7:06 pm
Mix it into yogurt

naomi2

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 8:54 am
yogurt or applesauce. make sure its all mixed into one or two spoonfuls so that if she doesnt finish her food she still gets all of it. drinks usually are the worst. they dont dissolve well and it feels grainy...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers