Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
14 month old without any teeth yet

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 3:16 am
My 14 month Old doesn't have any teeth yet. I'm starting to become nervous. Did anyone ever heard of another such incident? Do I need to become concerned already or it just could happen?

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 3:57 am
He's 15 month by now. And still no teeth and no replies from any amothers. Looks like it's really weird that he doesn't have teeth yet!??!
Should I really take it serious already??

rzab

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 5:31 am
My kids usually get their first tooth around 14-16 months. My mother said I was 17 months when I got my first tooth. My pediatrician and dentist weren't concerned.
Apparently (I don't know if this is true, but people say) the later they get teeth the less miserable they are when they are teething.

observer

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 10:24 am
What does your pediatrician say?

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 10:37 am
My niece was 2!! Which btw is when they start to get concerned.

wiki

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 10:38 am
My doctor would send to the dentist for a check if there are no teeth by 15 months.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:12 am
rzab wrote:
My kids usually get their first tooth around 14-16 months. My mother said I was 17 months when I got my first tooth. My pediatrician and dentist weren't concerned.
Apparently (I don't know if this is true, but people say) the later they get teeth the less miserable they are when they are teething.

Not true. DD got her first tooth at 13 months. She had been teething since about 4 months, with loads of ear infections as a result. Getting teeth finally was a relief!

observer

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 1:31 pm
I think my latest teether broke her first tooth at 5 months!

OP, have you asked your pediatrician?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 1:42 pm
When my son had no teeth by 3, he had surgery to get his gums opened. Until then, nobody was concerned. That said, I would speak to a dentist about it.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 1:50 pm
I don't think you need to be concerned. I would still mention it to my dentist but there is no such disease that a person gets no teeth so really not a concern although perhaps like someone mentioned there may be an intervention necessary so worth mentioning it to the doc. Mine got at 12 months but not a day sooner.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics