Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
ISO alternative to soy sauce
Previous  1  2

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 8:53 am
Marmite is yeast extract. High in Vitamin B compounds, amino acid so a good source of umami. We add to soup, cholent, pot roast as well as spread on buttered toast or grilled cheese sandwich. Miso is very good, not as intense as marmite. Most have soy rice base but I think Clearspring has rice and barley only version.

Maybe

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 9:08 am
Just like some who are allergic to milk, can tolerate butter or yoghurt. it's possible that the fermented soy miso paste, similar taste may work for you

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 9:11 am
seeker wrote:

I'm going to guess that what I'm missing is umami,

SNIP

http://www.google.com/search?s.....kB4W8

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 9:11 am
Maybe wrote:
Just like some who are allergic to milk, can tolerate butter or yoghurt. it's possible that the fermented soy miso paste, similar taste may work for you

Be careful in what you suggest. This may hold true with intolerances but NOT with real medical allergies.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 11:58 am
I am now selling kosher fish sauce. Obviously you can't use it with meat but BOY does it add amazing flavour!

jump

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 10:20 pm
Mrs Bissli wrote:
How can I forget this one: MARMITE (or Vegemite)!! But use sparingly.

where do you buy it?

tichellady

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 1:27 am
andrea levy wrote:
I am now selling kosher fish sauce. Obviously you can't use it with neat but BOY does it add amazing flavour!

How can I get this?

LisaS

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 1:52 am
My husband doesn't eat soy so I use sesame oil instead when I want to add some flavor. But sesame is also a common allergy so I don't know if you want to try that.

Happy 2B

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 6:13 am
My health food store has soy sauce made without soy tastes very similar!!

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 8:33 am
Maybe the Pesach soy sauce would work for you. I don't know what it's made out of, but it can't be soy. I've used it and you can't really tell the difference. The grocery store I shop at carries it all year.

ariellabella

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 8:44 am
Marmite is delicious, but as far as I know the kosher version is not available in the US. I'd love to hear if that has changed.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 10:31 am
glutenless wrote:
Maybe the Pesach soy sauce would work for you. I don't know what it's made out of, but it can't be soy. I've used it and you can't really tell the difference. The grocery store I shop at carries it all year.

It's basically msg. No soy substitute will taste exactly like soy because it's a substitute but coconut aminos is the closest you can get.

Hellothere

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 10:38 am
Coconut aminos!!! It's soooooo good. It's a bit sweet so that just adds to the flavor. Doesn't taste like coconut AT ALL!

naomi2

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 3:54 pm
another vote for braggs aminos
looks and tastes like soy sauce- you can buy it at any health food store
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics