Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Swimsuits for Teens

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 12:54 pm
Where do you buy swimsuits for your teens? Specifically in small sizes, like 0 -2 or XS/XXS. Looking for 1-piece but with nice leg/bust coverage, or two piece of similar coverage. TIA!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 1:16 pm
When I was at that stage my mom splurged on a bathing suit at the local lingerie store. And then we bought more at the department stores when we found size small or extra small bathing suits that had slimming features - which meant they fit nicely even if they didn't suck me in Smile We also sometimes had luck with Anne Taylor pieces that just needed some nip adjustment at the dressmaker under the arm and on the straps. And VS had good two piece options in their collection like full coverage bottoms in xs and a slightly padded cup tankini top to match (also various type of top coverage for different body types).

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 1:26 pm
Thanks - I'd gladly visit the local store but DD does not want to! Ann Taylor doesn't have any swimsuits on their website, but VS might be an option if they are small enough. Might order a few and try. Thanks again!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 1:28 pm
Landsend. u may have to buy a separate skirt/pants.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 1:30 pm
amother wrote:
Landsend. u may have to buy a separate skirt/pants.

Thanks - that's been our go-to until now. But she's outgrown the kids' styles and doesn't fit into the adult sizes there yet.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 1:48 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Thanks - I'd gladly visit the local store but DD does not want to! Ann Taylor doesn't have any swimsuits on their website, but VS might be an option if they are small enough. Might order a few and try. Thanks again!

Oh boy, I meant Anne Klein! Not Ann Taylor. Wow, haven't shopped that brand in a long time Smile

greenfire

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 2:32 pm
I've successfully purchased bathing suits at old navy for my ultra petite gals and the non-petite ones as well ... as always I wait for clearance [or clearance sh'b'clearance]

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 4:37 pm
Costco has speedo bathing suits that are great. My sister (10th grader, size 0) has them and I also do. Word of caution; they run tiny. She has a size 6.

rgr

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 5:20 pm
http://www.manta.com/c/mmflc8n/aqua-show

Mrs Yurowitz from the Aqua Show in Lakewood.

I'm familiar with the lifeguard swimsuit I bought from her 5 or more years ago, (still lasting great) but it could be she has the same thing without the logo on the front.

I highly recommend the 2 peice swimsuits. They have good support, great coverage and even have a closure between the top and bottom to give the look of a one piece if you would like.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 6:37 pm
Chayalle wrote:

Try loft. I just ordered a one piece and a two pice from them. They had xxs.
I also got a nice two piece at the gap
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics