Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Ladies, please post your EASIEST veggie recipes :)
1  2  3  Next

STMommy

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 8:45 pm
Hi everyone,
Please help me make yomtov! I need very very simple low-fat vegetable recipes. I'm trying to avoid gaining a gazillion pounds this three-day holiday Smile

I'll share with you my one easy but yummy recipe to get the ball rolling! Your help is so appreciated!

Put 1 bag fresh checked cauliflower in a disposable pan.
Spray florets generously with olive oil spray.
Sprinkle generously with Pereg Shwarma spice.
Bake at 375 for about a half hour.

(That's about as complicated as I'd like) Smile

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 8:49 pm
Toss a pound of trimmed green beans with a teaspoon of olive oil. Spread out in an even layer on a cookie sheet. Roast uncovered in oven preheated to 400 for 8 minutes. Toss with fresh crushed garlic and kosher salt. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.

mamamia1

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 8:51 pm
This is exactly my type of recipe so im following -and I make lots like this so here are my varieties of yours.
I use any frozen veggies eg. Broccoli Etc.
I pour olive oil on with salt and pepper and garlic
And I cook for less time Bc Dh prefers crunchy.
Also try turmeric on the cauliflower for different taste.
Thanks for request op. As I said Im following.

question. For yom tov you make these ahead? How do u reheat? I always make fresh.

animeme

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 8:52 pm
Slice onions into thin rings, and cover the bottom of a sheet pan or 9x13. Slice tomatoes thin and lay on top of onions. salt and pepper lightly. Bake in oven until soft. Makes a kind of relish that's good with grilled chicken and lean meats.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 8:54 pm
I cut and prep my veggies the night before yom tov. Then I roast and sauté them erev yom tov. I choose the dish that is best eaten fresh to serve the first night. I refrigerate the rest and take out a few hours before serving so it comes to room temperature. Reheating generally just results in soggy veggies.

staten islander

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 9:03 pm
Saute onions until lightly browned.Remove from pan. Add mushrooms to pan(use butter or olive oil to saute), and saute until no liquid remains and mushrooms are browned. In a baking pan, combine mushrooms, onions, lots of dill,garlic, salt and pepper. Serve as is,or,for a treat, add sour cream,mix thoroughly,top with your favorite cheese and heat until cheese bubbles. Betavaon!

mamamia1

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 9:08 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I cut and prep my veggies the night before yom tov. Then I roast and sauté them erev yom tov. I choose the dish that is best eaten fresh to serve the first night. I refrigerate the rest and take out a few hours before serving so it comes to room temperature. Reheating generally just results in soggy veggies.

Thanks ramom

naomi2

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 9:12 pm
grill them on the bbq!

sbmom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 9:20 pm
I cut different color peppers - red, yellow, orange - into sticks, toss with some olive oil, onion powder, salt and serve. It looks gorgeous!

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 9:44 pm
Following.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 9:47 pm
Put fresh brussel sprouts in a bowl with 1/4 cup dijon mustard and 1/4 cup low acid vinegar- 4% balsamic.
Mix well and lay on a flat cookie sheet and roast them at 450 for 30 minutes or until they get a little char and are soft when you poke it with a fork... YUM!!!

exhausted

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 9:57 pm
Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a large frying pan. Throw in fresh or frozen whole green beans or snow peas. Stir/toss continously while quick cooking over high heat. Season with salt, pepper and crushed garlic and soy sauce if you want. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Takes 5 minutes. Reheats nicely.

exhausted

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 10:00 pm
Toss whole baby peppers or chunks of different colored peppers with a little olive oil and salt, pepper, crushed garlic and Italian seasoning. Roast at 400 until done. Delicious at any temperature.

exhausted

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 10:02 pm
Saute onion and/or mushrooms in a tiny bit of oil. Add sliced zucchini and saute for a few minutes. Add marinara sauce and seasoning. Cover and cook till done. Good hot or cold.

anonymom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 10:11 pm
PSA
Check with your LOR before using Brussel Sprouts
I have heard they cannot be checked for insects and therefore should not be used.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 10:42 pm
sbmom wrote:
I cut different color peppers - red, yellow, orange - into sticks, toss with some olive oil, onion powder, salt and serve. It looks gorgeous!

Do you bake these or serve raw?

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 10:55 pm
I sautée 2lbs mushrooms with butter or earth balance and lots of frozen herb cubes. If I'm feeling fancy I get the packs that have a mix of types.

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 11:01 pm
slice onions and squash, bake with tomato sauce and spices covered

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 11:46 pm
Slice onions, red onion, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers (or use minis) and bake in oven with olive oil, garlic powder and onion powder. 375 or so.
Thanks for starting this thread!

STMommy

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 8:54 am
These are AWESOME ladies!

Thank you!!!

Let's keep going!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes