Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Moving from NJ to Haifa- help with schools?

Lucy Edwards

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 10:51 am
My husband will be working at Haifa university and I am nervous because I thought we were going to be in Jerusalem and had registered the kids (8, 5, and 2) in schools and now need to go through the process again.

I can't seem to find schools that are appropriate for us.

The closer we are to the university the better, and my husband is convinced Haifa must offer decent schools for us, but we would accept an hour commute to work if it meant sending the kids to superior schools.
Can anyone help??

We were registering my son at Horev, and lived in Alon Shvut (which suited us well) for 4 years before moving to America. We are looking for separate girls and boys schools that are truly frum (encouraging strict adherence to halacha and taking Torah learning very seriously, for girls too) but that are also modern and take secular studies seriously.

Does anyone know about the schools in Neve Shaanan?
Someone suggested Pardes Chana as an option too, although it is further away.

Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated Smile

LisaS

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 4:32 am
I don't know how far from Haifa you'd be able to live, but there is a Horev in Raanana. You will also have more anglo services and support than you would get in Haifa.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 6:00 am
Lucy Edwards wrote:
The closer we are to the university the better, and my husband is convinced Haifa must offer decent schools for us, but we would accept an hour commute to work if it meant sending the kids to superior schools.
Can anyone help??

Haifa U or the Technion?

Batyah

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 6:47 am
Hi - I have a friend that lives in Hadar who started a school. They are chabad. I also reccomend Pardes Chana as a place to live and to send your kids to school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions