Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
What is your yearly salary as a teacher?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 5:01 pm
How many hours a day do you work and how much do you get paid in a year as a teacher? How about as an assistant teacher? Do you work full time or part time?

jj1236

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 5:36 pm
I'm an assistant teacher next year I'll be getting 26,000 but this year was 2,450. With my extra wealth I think I'll buy a yacht...
I work 5 days a week 8-3:30 Except Friday is until 1:40

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 5:44 pm
Teacher-
Last year got 25
This year low 30's
Part time - English subjects 12:30-4:30
This is with 5 years of teaching experience in elementary school.
High schools, especially regents subjects, tend to be better paying positions.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 6:19 pm
I work 14 hours per week as an assistant in a self-contained class room and get paid 13k for the year. In the past, I worked 12 hours per week doing resource room and got paid 15k.

This is in Lakewood.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 6:31 pm
I'm not a teacher but my husband is..he teaches high school general studies and gets 9k per period..so if he teaches 5 periods a day he gets 45k. He works Monday thru Thursday.

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Jun 04 2016, 3:22 pm
To make you all feel better... I live in Israel

I make about 7'000 SHEKEL a month teaching. I teach full time and have 5 years of experience. It is a pay scale - same rate wherever you teach if they are under misrad hachinuch.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Jun 04 2016, 10:00 pm
Over $82,000 as a full time public school teacher.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jun 04 2016, 10:12 pm
Around $66,000 as a full-time public school teacher. Khaki amother, what step are you on?

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Jun 04 2016, 10:15 pm
amother wrote:
Around $66,000 as a full-time public school teacher. Khaki amother, what step are you on?

8b + L5 with masters and 30 above.

watergirl

Post Sat, Jun 04 2016, 10:32 pm
This would be more relevant with more information - do you have a degree in elem/high school ed and teaching certification? What kind of school are you at, and what area?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jun 04 2016, 10:49 pm
amother wrote:
8b + L5 with masters and 30 above.

Can you explain what the bolded means? I'm on Step 5 with MA+45.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 12:10 am
$28,000 for upper elementary limdei kodesh 9:15-12:50 Monday through Thursday. Friday until 11:30 in Lakewood

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 12:14 am
amother wrote:
Over $82,000 as a full time public school teacher.

I hope you dont mind my asking but where do you live? are you in NYC? because I never heard of such a high salary for a teacher...

dh is paid way way less than that to be a full time teacher, both kodesh and general studies with almost 20 years experience and a masters in education.... obviously not in a public school, but I have always wondered how diffeent the salary is between public school and MO school where dh teaches...

zcc

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 12:17 am
Beige imamother
Is that considered average in Lakewood? What type of school are you teaching at?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 12:22 am
zcc wrote:
Beige imamother
Is that considered average in Lakewood? What type of school are you teaching at?

I dont know if it is average or not - probably a bit on the higher end - I work at a regular Bais Yaakov type of school - starting my 3rd year there next year iyH.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 12:38 am
Beige- Got it- just thought Lakewood teacher salaries were a lot lower than that...

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 1:11 am
amother wrote:
I hope you dont mind my asking but where do you live? are you in NYC? because I never heard of such a high salary for a teacher...

dh is paid way way less than that to be a full time teacher, both kodesh and general studies with almost 20 years experience and a masters in education.... obviously not in a public school, but I have always wondered how diffeent the salary is between public school and MO school where dh teaches...

$80k is a reasonable salary in my town of 55k people.I'm on the left coast though and it's reasonable to add in a benefit package, ins, sick, pension, continuing education, holidays with a value of about $25k in my town.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 1:18 am
amother wrote:

NYC I looked it up on the salary guide for NYC teachers. In another 3 years amother will be making over 100K.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 1:35 am
amother wrote:
NYC I looked it up on the salary guide for NYC teachers. In another 3 years amother will be making over 100K.

Hard work pays good money, I can say that about the teachers in my dist. Student test scores are good, graduation rates above average. My kids all went to public schools and are not sitting home on friday nights watching [filth] and eating cheese burgers. They all got great educations and their teachers instilled a love of learning and a desire to learn in them. It is worth every penny I pay in taxes.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 1:56 am
amother wrote:
Can you explain what the bolded means? I'm on Step 5 with MA+45.

L5 is for 5 years longevity.

For someone else who asked, I'm in NYC. It's a pretty standard salary, plus I get pension, medical, dental, and vision on top of this. But again, I have a bachelors and two masters and there's tons of accountability with this job. Teaching in a NYC public school under the current evaluation system requires a lot of hard work every single day.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics