Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Oven on 350 for three day yt

ttbtbm

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 10:07 am
Is it ok? Really need to be able to cook on yt. But for three days? Will it kill my oven? Or maybe kill my air conditioning? Has anyone ever asked an appliance repairman this question?

Tiredmom7

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 10:47 am
I have my oven on 300 chicken potatoes rice all cook on this temp You just need to leave it in longer

losingweight

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 10:48 am
Just make sure your oven doesn't have an auto shut off. Then you may be left out in the cold!

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 11:47 am
I've never done either - but I heard of people who leave their oven on a shabbos clock to go on a certain amount of time before each meal. Not sure the halachic ramifications about this when there's a shabbos involved.

ttbtbm

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 1:38 pm
Smile1234 wrote:
I've never done either - but I heard of people who leave their oven on a shabbos clock to go on a certain amount of time before each meal. Not sure the halachic ramifications about this when there's a shabbos involved.

Where do they sell Shabbos clocks for ovens? That would be perfect! Does anyone here do that?

nicole81

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 1:44 pm
What oven do you have? Any chance it might have a sabbath mode? I didn't know mine did until a couple of years after I moved in.

baltomom

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 8:42 am
I've left my oven on 250 for other 3 day yomim tovim, but on Shavuos it just makes the kitchen (and house) too hot, so instead I have a plata on a timer (plus a flame on the stove). I can't cook fresh food (except on the stove), but we make it work.

sky

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 8:57 am
Shabbos clocks don't work for newer ovens.
Once they go off they will not resume where they were when they go back on (older ovens will, and in Israel there is some sort of off switch that can get installed on the gas line, haven't heard of it in America).

I think 350 is WAY too hot. I leave on 225 maybe and that is still hot.
Can you do cooking on a burner that can be raised and lowered?

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 11:10 am
It will make your kitchen extremely hot!

elisheva25

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 12:54 pm
Maybe do 300?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus