Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Hatzola Party Marketing Calls

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 7:55 pm
I already ripped my phone off the wall but they still keep calling Crying
I love them but this craziness must stop. Why do they need to remind me every night for 3 weeks straight that they're having a party?

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 7:58 pm
Many of these marketing calls have an option at the end to press a button so you stop getting calls.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 8:03 pm
Gosh. I agree. They're literally calling every other day. Sunday. Tuesday. Thursday. Motzei Shabbos. Repeat.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 8:07 pm
Doubt they have it. But truthfully haven't listened more than a few seconds without banging down phone Twisted Evil

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:40 am
I agree! They are making me nuts!!
They also call at the most inoppurtune times like 6:30 / 7 pm bang in the middle of supper and bed time.
Or 11:30 am when I am in a meeting.

Seriously, I have stopped donating to such large organizations because they don't stop harassing you by phone. If I wanted to donate I either have plans to do so or I will but all these stupid phone calls where you pick up and they yell "I AM XXX AND I WORK IN HATZALAH" makes me want to just run away.

losingweight

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:54 am
Btw it's the same for any organization. It's always a robocall during bath time/bedtime. Annoying. Especially if I got your auction book and saw your signs and each of my kids already knows which prize is theirs!!

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:00 am
Why do you all feel so obligated to pick up the phone every time it rings?

If you're busy with baths, bedtime, homework, supper, or simply spending time with your kids, just ignore it.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 2:57 pm
amother wrote:

If you're busy with baths, bedtime, homework, supper, or simply spending time with your kids, just ignore it.

If it is someone I know I don't answer the phone if I am busy.
But an unrecognized number could be my parents, my out of town sister, my grandparents in Israel or my Dr. So I do answer it.

cm

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 3:15 pm
Caller ID. I don't pick up the phone unless it's someone I want (or need) to talk to.

If I don't recognize the number, I let the machine pick up the call. I listen to the person leaving the message, and if in fact it is legitimately a personal call, I pick up. Screening is not unusual, and nowadays is not considered shocking or rude, although it may have been in the past.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 3:23 pm
Reminds me of a school that was doing fundraising. We donated in the morning. We got TWO more calls the same day asking to donate. Ahh!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 4:53 pm
Once I gave my donation I let it go to the answering machine

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 5:17 pm
amother wrote:

We don't pick up the phone but we get extremely frustrated with the loud shouting over the answering machine which can be heard all over the house and with the build up of messages on the machine.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 5:22 pm
When you call hatzolah it doesn't matter if it's bedtime or bath time.....

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 5:26 pm
I agree that they are an extremely important organization which is why I donate money. But doesn't give them permission to harass me every day At wits end

They never have "hatzola" on the ID just some random 718 number, different each night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics