Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If u.struck it rich would you quit your job.
1  2  3  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:22 pm
I think I have to.work to.stay productive and feel.good about myself. I also need the adult.company. I would definitely cut my hours and take on more cleaning help but I dont think I can ever be a stay at home mother even if finances allowed it. If u.struck it rich would you keep.working?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:24 pm
Definitely not. I love my job and it's one of the only positive things in my life right now. I'm in the creative field.

ValleyMom

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:24 pm
When I win the lottery I will quit my job so fast their heads will spin!!!

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:25 pm
No, but my job is really boring.

tichellady

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:26 pm
I would try teaching part time ( which is not what I do now)

anonymrs

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:27 pm
I would cut my hours to about 2-3 hours a day and take off about 6 months after having a baby.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:27 pm
I would quit my job but I would keep working. The money would be a cushion that allowed me to take risks and open a business that I love.

PassionFruit

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:28 pm
It would depend if my kids were grown or not. If I still had children under 13 I would want to be home with them. If they were all teens I would probably be a bit stir crazy and want to work part time.

boysrus

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:31 pm
Yes! I would love to be a full time SAHM! Right now I work from home, which is very hard work with my baby around. I would spend time with my child, hire cleaning help, go out to the park a lot, join the local JCC, have my baby go to the babysitting room there a few times a week for an hour so that I could swim. sounds like such fun!

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:31 pm
Nope. I love my job and am not cut out to be a stay at home mom.

rachel6543

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:37 pm
I would definitely quit my job. I would use my time instead to volunteer at my son's school and for other worthy causes. And I would travel!

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:41 pm
I think I would because I'm having a hard time balancing everything these days.

I've had to cut back on volunteering which was far more fulfilling than my job but doesn't pay the bills. If I didn't have to worry about the bills then I would prefer to be out in the world helping people rather than stuck in front of a computer.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:24 pm
I teach part time and I've always said, the money is nice but even if I wouldn't need it, I would still do what I'm doing. I love to teach. I love my subject (I teach HS). I love the company in the teachers room. I love the sense of satisfaction I get. I love to have a schedule and routine. I love that it forces me to use my time at home productively. I love that I look forward to vacation days. No way would I give this up.

ROFL

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:37 pm
Yup I would quit right away. Then come in and clean my desk and put things in order on my timeline. Not theirs !

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:48 pm
I did not strike it rich yet and stopped working since I can't manage to find adequate child care. There are no family members that I can count on to help with the kids .... I am busy every day even though I am not working. Really, from morning to night there is always something to do. I was an "older single" and even though I had a full time job, there were times I was bored - really bored after work or on Sundays. It's not like that now. Now that I see how much there is to do to run a family with young children I can't imagine going back to work. (and we could really use it - financially Sad )

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:56 pm
YES!! I HATE MY JOB!! I EVEN GO IN WHEN I HAD STREP AND FLU BECAUSE ATTENDANCE IS A GOOD WAY TO ENSURE I CAN KEEP MY JOB!! I HATE MY BOSS WHO WILL ALWAYS PUT ME DOWN AND PRESSURE ME AND NEVER SAY ANYTHING POSITIVE!! I also hate travelling to work as it exhausts me !!

agreer

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 12:26 am
I would quit in a heartbeat.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 12:34 am
amother wrote:
YES!! I HATE MY JOB!! I EVEN GO IN WHEN I HAD STREP AND FLU BECAUSE ATTENDANCE IS A GOOD WAY TO ENSURE I CAN KEEP MY JOB!! I HATE MY BOSS WHO WILL ALWAYS PUT ME DOWN AND PRESSURE ME AND NEVER SAY ANYTHING POSITIVE!! I also hate travelling to work as it exhausts me !!

That's so sad. Is there any other job you can take, even if you make less money it may be worth it if you're happier. I know....easier said than done.

PBJ

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 12:43 am
It would depend. I don't work because I would be good at being a SAHM I would love to be a SAHM and if my kids were young would probably either cut my hours or find something part time or volunteer work as I do appreciate the intellectual stimulation. If my kids were grown then I would definitely be a bigger possiblity that I would keep working.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 12:59 am
I would not be able to stay at home all day, I'm not cut out for it.
But I would quit my current job, because of the long hours and the commute.
I think I would volunteer or train for something new (because my current job in hi tech is only available as a full time job)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics