Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If u.struck it rich would you quit your job.
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 7:29 am
No. My full time job plus is being a SAHM Smile
So I won't quit. But if definitely take more household help (now it's usually 0-3 hours weekly. Way too little with two babies)
I'd wish my husband would though.
Or rather switch jobs so that he sees the kids daily and gets to spend time with his family and not only rushing out to work / FaceTime and on Shabbos. 😕

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 8:32 am
Nope, we're on shlichus. It would just make things a whole lot easier.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 8:40 am
I already love what I do. I'd expand my business.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 8:44 am
I would keep one part of my job that I like best. Dh does klal work, so he wouldn't quit, but he would probably stop taking a salary for it. I think we would both feel better about that.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 8:50 am
I did not strike it rich but I quit my job anyway. I hate working. Can't imagine how anybody enjoys it.

imaima

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 8:54 am
I sure will!! Oh I already have a plan what my.life would be like.... Wink

lfab

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:10 am
Oh yeah! I would quit my job, stay home with my babies, and become involved in volunteer opportunities within the community/my children's school. I would hire cleaning help (right now we have none and could really use some Sad , my house would be a lot more organized, I'd cook gourmet meals (ok, maybe not gourmet but good, wholesome, well rounded meals) every night, etc. But quitting my job would be the first thing I would do. Not juggling work with being a mommy, wife, and homemaker would take a lot of the stress out of my life.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:21 am
I wouldn't quit but would definitely cut my days/hours. It took many years of training to get to where I am and I wouldn't want to give up my skills.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:03 am
amother wrote:
I did not strike it rich yet and stopped working since I can't manage to find adequate child care. There are no family members that I can count on to help with the kids .... I am busy every day even though I am not working. Really, from morning to night there is always something to do. I was an "older single" and even though I had a full time job, there were times I was bored - really bored after work or on Sundays. It's not like that now. Now that I see how much there is to do to run a family with young children I can't imagine going back to work. (and we could really use it - financially Sad )

So how do you pay the bills???

sky

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:08 am
I would quit in a second.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:10 am
No, I love what I do but I would be able to work my schedule around my kids' buses instead of always rushing.

And afford more takeout and cleaning help...

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:11 am
Truth is I think those saying they would quit and those saying they would continue working really agree with each other. I'm sure any woman who travels an hour each way to a low paying, thankless job, with an overbearing boss would quit their job if 10 million dollars landed on their lap. At the same time a person who works as a seit for 5 hours a week, around the corner from her house, in a low pressure environment would probably keep her job. At the end of the day we would all want the same thing: a low pressure, rewarding, enjoyable, part time, local job. If your current job somewhat resembles this description than there would be no reason to quit.

imanewmom2010

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:16 am
I wud wrkpart time

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:31 am
Nope. I would probably cut my hours and hire a full time or live in nanny to help me though.

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:59 am
YES!

If I would strike it rich enough to cover everything.

I would hire a cook, nanny, housekeeper, personal assistant, personal trainer etc

Then I would fill my time with going to the gym, volunteering all over, running a charity organization or something, traveling, learning new skills, taking up new hobbies, auditing classes at University. I am sure I can find ways to fill my time :-) Plus I would have tons of time to invest in my kids without all the stress of a job and household tasks

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:01 am
I would probably stop working and put myself more into volunteer work. That would give me a feeling of being productive. I do enjoy working, so if I had the opportunity I'd find myself a job with minimal hours so that I can have that satisfaction too. I would hire a lot of cleaning help and enjoy being home whipping up gourmet dinners, dabbling in my hobbies and just relaxing while the kids are in school

cholenteater

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:15 am
YES.

STMommy

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:34 am
causemommysaid wrote:
YES!

If I would strike it rich enough to cover everything.

I would hire a cook, nanny, housekeeper, personal assistant, personal trainer etc

Then I would fill my time with going to the gym, volunteering all over, running a charity organization or something, traveling, learning new skills, taking up new hobbies, auditing classes at University. I am sure I can find ways to fill my time :-) Plus I would have tons of time to invest in my kids without all the stress of a job and household tasks

Yes to everything but the nanny. Also I'd add a personal masseuse to the list!

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 1:32 pm
No. I would still work. Many family members are what you would call super rich and the ones who work are overall much happier and healthier emotionally than those who do not. Honestly, do you know how many multi millionaire and billionaire people work? The concept of striking it rich and quitting your job is unhealthy to me although as a full time mother maybe it makes sense. Open a new business? Or learn a new skill? Go to medical school that you couldn't afford? But quit working? Nah...

Chloe22

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 2:05 pm
Yes!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics