Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Can you tell me..

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 5:34 am
Baby due soon. Need extra money. Do you think I can send out flyers through the door to do babysitting in my house once I have the baby? What do you think? I mean is it embarassing that im babysitting or posting in flyers? Can someone also write for me what to write on my flyer?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 5:50 am
I don't know where you live, but in Israel that would be totally fine. It wouldn't be flyers through people's doors, but notices up on trees.
I found a wonderful child carer from a note hung up on a tree in the local park.
My original plans for child care fell through at the last minute.
The notice read something like: "Mother at home with a 1 year old child. Looking to take care of others in my home. Please call xyz for details."
I called her, went round to see her with my kid, and she ended up watching her 5 mornings a week for 2 years, and my next child too!

Good luck. But I wouldn't do anything till you have the baby, and see what your schedule is like.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 5:54 am
I live in england..

little_mage

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 6:14 am
I don't think it's embarrassing to babysit or post flyers (maybe look for a community message board? I see them at the grocery store or coffee shops), but I don't know that I'd send my children to someone who just had a baby. I probably wouldn't be willing to send, especially consistently (not just a one time thing) for at least three months. Just something else to think about.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 6:16 am
If I start once baby is about 3 month? Also how much should I charge?

salt

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 6:26 am
Find out how much people charge in your community.
It depends on the circumstances too. If it was a once-off few hours, it would be like a baby-sitting fee.
If it was more fixed long term, you'd probably have to come up with a weekly or monthly fee.

lfab

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:35 am
Personally, I would never use someone to watch my child from a random flyer I received. I would only use someone who I had heard of through someone I know and trust. My suggestion would be to try to network now before you have the baby so that afterward you have people who can act as references for you. Maybe even find someone who currently babysits and see if she will let you be an assistant for a few weeks. This way she can be a reference for you later on, and it will also give you an idea of whether babysitting is really for you or not.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:39 am
Hi
I have done playgroups before and I have done a lot of babysitting in the past etc.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:02 am
I would certainly not send to someone who can't even figure out what to write on a flyer or how much to charge.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:40 am
Thats nice of you. I do know what to write. Its just I needed something more.. I have sent flyers before but it never seemed to work out. Maybe if I weite something different embarrassed

sourstix

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:43 am
To tan another Stop being nasty if you can't help

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 12:06 pm
For babysitting or childcare I think word of mouth works MUCH better than flyers. I wouldn't even waste my time on flyers, focus more on telling everyone you know that you're looking for babysitting clients. Start by making yourself very available to people in a pinch - random times, short notice, etc and then they will be more likely to refer you to others. Also tell other babysitters in your area, because they probably get requests they can't take and can send those on to you.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:
If I start once baby is about 3 month? Also how much should I charge?

If you are in England, be wary that you should be OFSTED registered to be "legitimate" as a babysitting service. I would never leave my baby with an unregistered/unregulated person in their house, even if they were as good as Mary Poppins. Hatzlacha with your endeavour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics