Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Should I freeze them or not?

acemom

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 8:49 am
I believe store bought challahs have some sort of preservative that keeps them fresh for several days.

I have always made my challah ahead of time, frozen them, and only defrosted on the day I needed one. Sometimes I rewarm the challahs for Shabbos on Friday and keep them in a paper bag until used.

If I bake challah for YT on Friday, due to freezer constraints, is it okay to just keep them out of the freezer for the 3 days of YT?

Any specific storage method you would use, like paper or plastic bags?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:16 am
Don't leave homemade challah out for 3 days. Freeze it. By the time Friday is around and you're looking for freezer space, some of the food you have been freezing until then will already be out for defrosting, so you should be able to find some space.

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:31 am
ra_mom wrote:
Don't leave homemade challah out for 3 days. Freeze it. By the time Friday is around and you're looking for freezer space, some of the food you have been freezing until then will already be out for defrosting, so you should be able to find some space.

I agree with ra mom
keep out what you need for shabbos and motzie shabbos and freeze the rest (ask a neighbor for freezer space if you dont have)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads