Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
When to buy a bra

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 7:08 am
My baby is growing up and I feel so unprepared. DD is 10. She's a bit heavy and has the beginnings of a chest. I feel like there's nothing there to support yet BUT sometimes you can see her nipples sitck out and you can see them through her shirt.
Is that the idea of a training bra? I thought even just buying some tank tops but it's just soooo hot and she already wears long sleeves, I didn't want to add real layers.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 8:12 am
yes. bra. now.
My mom waited so long I was insecure and only wore sweatshirts. I was too embaressed to ask her! By the time I did I was already a size b!
Nipples should not be showing.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 8:26 am
Definitely! My mother got me my first bra way too late and it was so uncomfortable. I would get my daughter a bra the second I think she needs one.

cm

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:27 am
At that stage my daughter preferred undershirts (tank or spaghetti strap style, no sleeves) which provided enough coverage but she did not think was too hot. Let your daughter try a few things and see which she prefers.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:33 am
Once the nipples start popping up, it's time for a little mother/daughter bonding in the lingerie department. At this stage, you're not worrying about support. You want her clothes to have a smooth, refined look, with a gentle curve. Take her out to lunch afterwards.

Fortunately there are so many adorable training bras out there now. When I was a kid there was only one style at Macy's, and it was unbelievably scratchy and uncomfortable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children