Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby only sleeps soundly for half the night - HELP!!!

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 1:53 pm
BH I have a yummy baby!

He is 11 weeks B"H and 12.5 lbs. But he doesn't sleep too long.
It seems that he sleeps well until the first time he wakes up, and then after that, he fusses and wriggles.

I was desperate to get him to sleep better when I started working last week, and I went back to swaddling him.

B"H it seemed to work for 4 nights and he only got up twice a night. But the last 3 nights, he sleeps well once I but him down, but between 12-1 he starts wriggling out of his swaddle, and after that, he wriggles out of it as soon as I put him in...and he doesn't sleep more than 2 hours without swaddling!

I learned to swaddle him "bat wing" style to get his arms down, but he learned how to get out of that, too!

I really want him to sleep, but more than that, I want him to be safe... any suggestions/advice?

lizard8

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 4:57 pm
get the swaddleme blankets. They are the best invention ever! The velcro closure makes it really hard for the baby to come out of.

lucky14

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 8:36 pm
Wow I'm surprised yours can get out of the bat wing thing. It's the only way I'm able to keep mine swaddled. The swaddle-me blankets didn't work for us- he found the velcro super easy to wiggle open.
When is the last time you're feeding him? Could it be hunger? or just not able to settle on his own? I'm dreading the night we stop swaddling for this reason- I think it's going to take a while for him to learn how to settle on his own!

mha3484

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 8:42 pm
I let my babies stomach sleep when they can pick up their head and turn it side to side. I'm sure I will get flamed for this but I have great sleepers k"ah.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 8:58 pm
Can't be hunger...I feed him right before he goes to sleep at 8... he literally falls asleep while eating. Then he wakes up and eats a tiny bit but then keeps breaking out of his swaddle till morning.

I had a "halo blanket" with velcro but he got out of that the second night....

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:05 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I let my babies stomach sleep when they can pick up their head and turn it side to side. I'm sure I will get flamed for this but I have great sleepers k"ah.

You put your baby to sleep on her stomach?! Shame on you! Banging head

Jk. Very Happy I do the same with my baby now and wish I hadn't been too chicken to try it with my first three.
Would've gotten lots more sleep these last seven years...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics