Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What is your profession?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:12 pm
And do you like it?

I'll start.

I do accounting, and I am looking to switch fields because I do not enjoy it at all. Kind of fell into it.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:12 pm
Copywriter.

Love it BH. My dream career.

twogees

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:21 pm
babysitter-only did it for this year as I wanted to stay home with my first. hope to get an office job of some sort.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:26 pm
Physician assistant. No, I don't like my current field. I'm looking to switch fields.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:48 pm
High school chemistry teacher.
Enjoy it a lot.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:49 pm
Shaitle Macher. Hate it. Going back to school.

saralem

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:51 pm
Hospital Social worker. Love it!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:01 pm
Physician. Don't like it. Will nevertheless stick with it, too much was put into it.

nicole81

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:07 pm
Assistant Principal. I love the job, but I work way harder than I have any desire to at this point in my life.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:14 pm
I teach high school. I love it!

I am in school now, hoping to go into the mental health field.

There are so many interesting careers I would have loved. Gotta pick one or some, right? LOL

Optione

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:18 pm
Elementary Teacher.
I am good at it, but it takes a ridiculous amount out of me.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:21 pm
Special instruction Early Intervention home based therapist. Absolutely love the children and working with them- I get such nachas from helping children reach milestones and develop confidence in their abilities!
Absolutlu hate the traffic and looking for parking every half hour or so.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:39 pm
Accounting - got lucky enough to find 30hr week job. But its for a frum org so its dead end and I get no reapect cuz im a lady not a man but its really local and not full time so ill complain from today ti tmrw but im not going anywhere....

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:13 pm
Social worker. I like it in theory but I work some nights and I don't see my kids. I also come home completely mentally drained.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:50 pm
amother wrote:
Copywriter.

Love it BH. My dream career.

I have never heard of this, what does this job involve? thanks

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:10 am
amother wrote:
I have never heard of this, what does this job involve? thanks

Really every copywriter is different because it's such a broad field, but I can tell you what I do:

I work with all kinds of businesses - some Fortune 500 corporations, tech startups, organizations, brands, businesses, etc. I write their marketing materials for them, like websites, brochures, advertisements, advertorials, slogans, etc.

It's not just about writing - you can be an amazing writer but not a good copywriter. Copywriting is all about getting your readers to do what you want them do.

It's also about defining what their brand is, what message they want to convey, what emotions you want conveyed with that brand.

I have to get to know the company's clients and prospects inside out. I do research on how they live, think, what their goals and desires are, etc. I also learn the company's product or service inside out, so I can craft the perfect message for their clients and prospects that fit perfectly into what they need and what they need to hear in order to make their decision.

There's all kinds of formulas and techniques we use to get the people we want reading it to get drawn into reading it, being persuaded, and doing what we want them to do. It involves a lot of psychology, neuroscience and research. And constant testing.

Like I said, I love it. I get to learn every day about human nature, research fascinating industries I may never have heard about before, use lots of creativity and write.

Not every copywriter does what I do, and not everyone does it to the extent I do. But the more you put into it, the more quality jobs you get and the more you can charge. There are copywriters who charge a minimum fee of 50k just for one project. And it's worth it for the companies who hire them - they get millions in profit thanks to their copywriting.

It's tough to get into it, but if you have what it takes and enjoy these things, it's one of the most wonderful careers you can imagine.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:13 am
Coral why do you hate doing sheitals? I'm thinking of doing it ( I do my own- just not as a business)

MrsDash

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:14 am
I'm a Wellness Coach, a personal trainer, and group fit instructor. Hoping to grow more within the health and fitness field.

I very much love what I do! Hooray

bruriyah

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 1:57 am
amother wrote:
Physician. Don't like it. Will nevertheless stick with it, too much was put into it.

What kind of physician are you? What are the reasons you don't like it?

I'm currently in medical school.

morningsickness

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:33 am
Social worker. Haven't found a job since I finished school last summer.

I enjoyed my internship, though my relationship with my supervisor sucked and caused me much agmat nefesh.

I haven't given up though- have no intention of changing professions just to get a job.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics