Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What is your profession?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 10:14 am
cnc wrote:
You do have one.
An amazing one...

You made me feel better. Smile

I actually love being a mother. I just don't have a profession. Never learned anything specific. I used to teach little girls, years ago.

I wish I would just to help out with the financials. When my kids grow older, maybe..... One day......

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 11:23 am
Work in architecture. Love it. I am not licenced, so I don't get paid so amazing. It's ok. I get about 25$ an hour and work part time. I have trouble focusing at times, but I have a great boss and the work is so much fun.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 11:30 am
College professor: I love it, but it's exhausting at times since it involves a lot of creativity and sweat to keep some classes engaged. However, I e had chances to change fields (more money included) and have turned them down. My soul enjoys my work--hope that makes sense.

imanewmom2010

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 11:46 am
Registered nurse, I like my job (3x/week) 12 hr night shift. Works for my kids schedule. But I want to go back to school when I can for NP so that I can have better hrs and easier physically.

imanewmom2010

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 11:48 am
eschaya wrote:
Nurse practitioner, work in the ICU. Love it. Having a wonderful team to work with is a huge part though...

I want to be you one day Very Happy

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 1:36 pm
I'm a Managing Editor for a very large children's publisher. I'm lucky to work where I do.
And I do freelance proofreading and copyediting on the side.
Because, you know, yeshiva tuition.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 1:53 pm
Im an office manager and a bookkeeper. I like what I do. But I have dreams of doing something else one day....I dream to one day be ...
An Author
A Nurse
An Administrative Assistant for a Major Company
A designer for a Scrapbooking Magazine or opening my own busines of teaching scrapbooking techniques etc.
A stay at home mom who enjoys relaxing and being home rather than running out to work each day...
But I'll continue to dream. Hashem has always given me the jobs I needed at the right time. Right now I'm satisfied with what I'm doing ...

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 1:59 pm
I work as a healthcare recruiter. I love what I do and I have bli ayin hara a good work situation. I would love to expand on helping people with resumes and interviewing skills as time goes on.

princessleah

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:12 pm
Clinical Psychologist. Work for the federal government so great pay + benefits, and I'm out the door by 4:30pm. Have a small private practice one night/week.

I love it but it's very tough emotionally to hear about people's pain.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:20 pm
Attorney.

Totally burnt out.

Fantasizing about starting a business, maybe selling stuff on amazon or ebay

gesher

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:40 pm
To a previous amother- what does a data analyst do?

Sushiroll

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:50 pm
Another nurse here! And yes, I like what I do Smile

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:51 pm
Homecare social worker.
Love it. Pay is good, very flexible, I am very independent.
Downside: I have to go into some pretty nasty houses. (Think drug-ridden areas, roaches, etc). Fortunately, most of my clients are nice and fairly clean and safe.

mille

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:54 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I work as a healthcare recruiter. I love what I do and I have bli ayin hara a good work situation. I would love to expand on helping people with resumes and interviewing skills as time goes on.

Where are you located? I don't do direct recruiting much but work heavily with our talent acquisition team in healthcare recruiting. I'm in NJ. If you also are (or in NY), I'd be happy to forward on resumes that may be applicable Smile Send me a PM if you'd like to connect on Linkedin or via professional email or anything! (I love helping people find jobs!)

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:56 pm
I am in Chicago. Thanks anyway!

mille

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:58 pm
gesher wrote:
To a previous amother- what does a data analyst do?

I wasn't amother, but I posted that I do data analysis. I basically look at huge excel spreadsheets of lots of data points and use statistical analysis to see what I can see. Some of the metrics I was looking at right before I went out on maternity leave was volume of points of contact (calls emails etc) and results of customer service surveys for our HR team, time to hire for talent acquisition (how long it takes from posting a job to filling the position on average across different departments and comparing departments). I also read a lot of research articles in I/O Psych about workplace metrics and talk to my bosses about how to implement some of the research in our organization. We are getting into a lot more metrics about onboarding, so that will probably be my focus once I am back to work.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 3:01 pm
Mortgage Broker. Very stressful as I deal with (at times, difficult) clients under stress, as well as important deadlines, and this obviously takes its toll on me. However, it never gets boring as no two loan requests - even for the same client - are ever exactly alike, and I thrive on the constant challenge.

The pay is great! And although I am very much 'on call and available' for my clients all the time, I have the flexibility of staying home with my kids if one of them is sick, attending their school performances, and working only part time when they need me more.

There's no way I'm looking for a career change! No other job yields a six digit income with no advanced schooling and offers the kind of flexibility that is so important to me as a mother.

mille

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 3:05 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I am in Chicago. Thanks anyway!

Oh well! Smile I'll let you know if I ever come across someone looking to relocate!

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 3:33 pm
Graphic designer,
Full time in a busy graphics office, and at night from home for some private clients as well
Dreaming on being a self employed one day when I will have enough costumers on my own

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 3:35 pm
amother wrote:
Mortgage Broker. Very stressful as I deal with (at times, difficult) clients under stress, as well as important deadlines, and this obviously takes its toll on me. However, it never gets boring as no two loan requests - even for the same client - are ever exactly alike, and I thrive on the constant challenge.

The pay is great! And although I am very much 'on call and available' for my clients all the time, I have the flexibility of staying home with my kids if one of them is sick, attending their school performances, and working only part time when they need me more.

There's no way I'm looking for a career change! No other job yields a six digit income with no advanced schooling and offers the kind of flexibility that is so important to me as a mother.

This is very interesting. How did you get into this field?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics