Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What is your profession?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

frumPA

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 4:04 pm
Physician Assistant- I am very happy with my job. Nice work environment, my boss is very nice and flexible. I work 3x 12 hr shifts and usually get to leave an hr early. Its good I get to spend 4 days a week with my kids and the other days I see them for a little before work and after work. Sallary is decent, good benefits and enough vacation time and bh quite happy. I have flexibility to be at all school things for my kids.

Just wondering why the previous PA wrote she hates it?

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 4:29 pm
Personal chef, nanny, cleaning woman, child phsycologist, bookkeeper, nurse.
Nah I'm a full time mom and housewife. But I do all of the above with no prior schooling and without getting paid

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 5:47 pm
Attorney.

I'm pretty happy now that I have my own practice. A lot less stressful than the firm where I was before. And, even though it's sometimes really busy and stressful, I have a lot of flexibility for family events, etc.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 6:06 pm
Starting out my career as a makeup artist. Been my dream job for as long as I can remember. Loving it so far, but its taking a whole lot of unpaid work to get my name out there... Wish me luck, ladies!

relish

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 6:16 pm
amother wrote:
Really every copywriter is different because it's such a broad field, but I can tell you what I do:

I work with all kinds of businesses - some Fortune 500 corporations, tech startups, organizations, brands, businesses, etc. I write their marketing materials for them, like websites, brochures, advertisements, advertorials, slogans, etc.

It's not just about writing - you can be an amazing writer but not a good copywriter. Copywriting is all about getting your readers to do what you want them do.

It's also about defining what their brand is, what message they want to convey, what emotions you want conveyed with that brand.

I have to get to know the company's clients and prospects inside out. I do research on how they live, think, what their goals and desires are, etc. I also learn the company's product or service inside out, so I can craft the perfect message for their clients and prospects that fit perfectly into what they need and what they need to hear in order to make their decision.

There's all kinds of formulas and techniques we use to get the people we want reading it to get drawn into reading it, being persuaded, and doing what we want them to do. It involves a lot of psychology, neuroscience and research. And constant testing.

Like I said, I love it. I get to learn every day about human nature, research fascinating industries I may never have heard about before, use lots of creativity and write.

Not every copywriter does what I do, and not everyone does it to the extent I do. But the more you put into it, the more quality jobs you get and the more you can charge. There are copywriters who charge a minimum fee of 50k just for one project. And it's worth it for the companies who hire them - they get millions in profit thanks to their copywriting.

It's tough to get into it, but if you have what it takes and enjoy these things, it's one of the most wonderful careers you can imagine.

Please pm me if you have time to take on another project

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 6:31 pm
I love this thread. I am an OT. I love the work I do. I am currently working in management at an early intervention agency.

Gerbera

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 6:42 pm
I'm a Youth and Children's Librarian and love it!

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 6:44 pm
frumPA wrote:
Physician Assistant- I am very happy with my job. Nice work environment, my boss is very nice and flexible. I work 3x 12 hr shifts and usually get to leave an hr early. Its good I get to spend 4 days a week with my kids and the other days I see them for a little before work and after work. Sallary is decent, good benefits and enough vacation time and bh quite happy. I have flexibility to be at all school things for my kids.

Just wondering why the previous PA wrote she hates it?

I guess you are referring to me because I didn't see other PAs respond lol. I have very rigid hours and no flexibility really. Constantly understaffed so can't change easily when emergencies come up. I'm burnt out from my field which was never my passion to begin with. I've been staying for the benefits but looking for a field I'm more passionate about. I have the type of boss where these conversations happen:
(me taking two pens from bin full of pens that were free from vendor)
Him: "Why are you taking two?"
Me: "So that when I inevitably leave one somewhere I'll have another one"
Him: "I'd only take one..."

Or him telling me which pain medication to give over another one when patient specifically asked for the one I was given and no reason not to. Things like that.

What kind of job do you have where you are so happy? I'm looking for something more family friendly. My hours are kind of crazy and erratic.

finprof

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 7:07 pm
College professor- The stress of trying to make tenure is hard but the pay and hours are good (usually)

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 7:08 pm
Nursing student, graduating next semester iyh.
Although I have not worked professionally as a nurse (obv), from my schooling and clinical experiences I've seen that it's a field I love.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 7:18 pm
Office manager at a large professional firm. It's a lot of juggling but I really enjoy it b"h.

LibiBamizrach

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 7:21 pm
Speech Language Pathologist, loved it when I worked in a special ed setting with kids with ASD, now I work in regular ed and yeah....its boring, tedious and does not stimulate my intellectual edge. I want to become a supervisor so that I don't actually sit on the floor all day with three year olds. Pay is good though.

zelda

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 8:46 pm
Preschool teacher. I love it. I love connecting with the kids and just getting to be as happy and crazy as I want to. And after a few years the prep gets easier. But still lots of work.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 8:53 pm
I'm a trained mediator and do volunteer work in mediation and in related fields. I hope to find a paid position soon.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 8:54 pm
I work at a museum and I love it from working with original artifacts to educating students. It took me some time to find my passion but I love my profession.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
Public health nurse. No nights, no weekends and no bedside care, so I'm not complaining!

I'm a nurse too. What exactly do you do as a phn?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 9:37 pm
Elementary school teacher. Love what I do. My dream is to open up a school one day and be the principal.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 9:58 pm
amother wrote:
I'm a nurse too. What exactly do you do as a phn?

I work in a seksual health clinic. I see clients looking for STI testing, treatment or birth control. Under medical directive, I collect samples, treat certain STIs and prescribe certain types of birth control to clinic clients. I immunize for hepatitis A, B and HPV and assist the clinic doctor with IUD insertions. I also do some case management for reportable STIs and a bit of counseling for other issues, like BV, yeast and herpes.

In a different public health role that I have (as an RN, not PHN), I go to schools and immunize 7th and 8th graders for hep B, meningococcal disease and HPV.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 10:02 pm
amother wrote:
I work at a museum and I love it from working with original artifacts to educating students. It took me some time to find my passion but I love my profession.

That is so cool! Totally a dream job for me!! What type of museum? Science/natural history? Art?

My grandfather worked as a docent at a train museum after his retirement and loved it, and I remember meeting a frum museum guide at the Hayden Planetarium in NYC. So cool.

Go you!

morah & mommy

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 11:50 pm
I'm a playgroup Morah for 2-year-olds. I love it! The kids are adorable (just learning how to talk) and I get attached to them each year, so hard to see them leave. Anyone thinking about doing this and need ideas, my pleasure.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics