Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Who went to Hogwarts?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:01 pm
Just in light of the newest thread trend here. Wink

I was in Bill Weasley's class. We just had our reunion a few days ago in Hogsmeade -anyone here was there too? I know for sure one of my classmates is on Imamother - shout out for the homemade butter beer, it was awesome!

Anyone else went to my alma mater?

sequoia

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:37 pm
Nope, I went to Brakebills.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:38 pm
beauxbatons
anon because don't want anyone to figure me out... I think I'm the only one here who went there.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:42 pm
amother wrote:
beauxbatons
anon because don't want anyone to figure me out... I think I'm the only one here who went there.

Cool! I was dying to go to Beauxbatons but my parents insisted I go to Hogwarts or I would never find a good shidduch... Between the dress code and the malt, no respectable girl in my city went there... ;(

I ended up marrying a French boy from Beauxbatons. Go figure!

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:42 pm
I did, but can't tell my kids because we've moved to the right and they would be horrified that their mother attended a co-ed school...they may never get a shidduch!

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:43 pm
sequoia wrote:
Nope, I went to Brakebills.

What was your discipline?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:46 pm
I was in Ravenclaw with Anthony (Yehuda) Goldstein. Where else, with a yiddeshe kop? Also, totally interested to know, do we have anyone here from Ilvermorney?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:54 pm
amother wrote:
I was in Ravenclaw with Anthony (Yehuda) Goldstein. Where else, with a yiddeshe kop?

Lol, every single Jewish student my year was in Ravenclaw. We were mostly a pretty tight group. My year was the year one little girl burst into tears when the sorting hat told her Slytherin and she sobbed her mom would disown her. She solved 7 algorithms on the spot to prove she could fit into Ravenclaw, and Pomfrey had to give her 3 calming draughts afterwards.... She ended up becoming my roommate in Ravenclaw and we became really good friends. (Did I just out myself here? Hi if you know who I am!)

I'm pretty sure the sortings had a lot to do with their parents prayers! Every Jewish mother desperately wanted her sons and daughters in Ravenclaw... lol.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:12 am
I was sorted into Ravenclaw before the hat touched my head.

Unfortunately I failed Potions. I burned the couldron the first time I tried following instructions and forgot to light the fire the next day. Oh, well.

Luckily, I didn't misplace my wand too often and I managed to do well in all the other subjects (accept arithmancy). Herbology was boring, though.

I LIVED in the library. I wish they'd reprint Hogwarts, A History. It's been out of print since I left.

Last edited by youngishbear on Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

enneamom

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:13 am
Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we are old and bald
Or young with scabby knees
Our heads could do with filing
With some interesting stuff
For now they're bare and full of air
Dead flies and bits of fluff....

Who else sings it to the tune of "Kol Yisrael Areivim" from Shmuel Kunda's "Where's Zaidy?"

(Proud Ravenclaw. I wonder how many of you I was in school with.)

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:15 am
Okay, any Hogwarts alumni here who WASN'T in Ravenclaw?

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:17 am
Pottermore.com has an official sorting quiz for those who were obliviated and can't quite remember their house.

enneamom

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:19 am
amother wrote:
Okay, any Hogwarts alumni here who WASN'T in Ravenclaw?

Channels Hermione
Oh, for goodness sake! It's alumNA, not alumNI!

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:21 am
enneamom wrote:
Channels Hermione
Oh, for goodness sake! It's alumNA, not alumNI!

Well duh, I obviously am hoping to hear from more than one person! Diversity, you know!

(Sniffs.)

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:25 am
amother wrote:
Well duh, I obviously am hoping to hear from more than one person! Diversity, you know!

(Sniffs.)

So the word you're looking for is alumnae.

Unless you think George Weasley is on here?

enneamom

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:27 am
amother wrote:

(Sniffs.)

I'm sorry, my inner Hermione is getting the better of me. You wrote "wasn't", which is singular, so obviously it's alumNA, which is female singular. (And if they're on this site they should be female...unless they're a TROLL...in the dungeon...thought you ought to know...)

But really, no offense intended. Here, have a chocolate frog on me.

Last edited by enneamom on Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:27 am
Whoops! It's been a long while since my Ravenclaw days.

But all worth it for a chocolate frog. DS still needs the Mcgonagall card.

m in Israel

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 1:13 am
enneamom wrote:
I'm sorry, my inner Hermione is getting the better of me. You wrote "wasn't", which is singular, so obviously it's alumNA, which is female singular. (And if they're on this site they should be female...unless they're a TROLL...in the dungeon...thought you ought to know...)

But really, no offense intended. Here, have a chocolate frog on me.

Well considering Hogwarts doesn't provide classes in English Language Arts, what do you expect from their alumni (both male and female)? I mean potions and transfiguration are useful, I admit, but maybe a few classes in grammar and reading comprehension would help round out the curriculum. . .

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 1:29 am
m in Israel wrote:
Well considering Hogwarts doesn't provide classes in English Language Arts, what do you expect from their alumni (both male and female)? I mean potions and transfiguration are useful, I admit, but maybe a few classes in grammar and reading comprehension would help round out the curriculum. . .

Hmm. We all use self-correcting ink (I remember when my classmate tried to sneak some in during exams...) so what's the point?

Though I hear similar arguments don't work on muggle professors.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 6:11 am
I'm a Gryffindor Gal Smile
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics