Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Preschool Lakewood

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 4:30 pm
We are moving to Lakewood come early September. Since this move was put into plan just recently, my daughter has not been registered yet. She will be four in August, so she will be in kindergarten. We have a heimishe background. Any suggestions? Thank you...

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 4:49 pm
What neighborhood in Lakewood? It makes a huge difference.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 4:58 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
What neighborhood in Lakewood? It makes a huge difference.

We are probably moving to the ridge area. I'm looking for a playgroup that is specifically geared towards "older" kids. I need an environment that will be stimulating for her. It does not have to be in the ridge area. I can drive her or one that provides transportation.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:
We are probably moving to the ridge area. I'm looking for a playgroup that is specifically geared towards "older" kids. I need an environment that will be stimulating for her. It does not have to be in the ridge area. I can drive her or one that provides transportation.

Clarifying...
Looking for a preschool or playgroup for her...

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 8:57 pm
Very few schools in Lakewood have Kindergartens. Most 4 year olds go to private morahs in houses or daycare type playgroups-that have classes of different ages. These places do not have transportation. Most Morahs did registration in the early winter - so most are full. The best place to see listings of groups with availability is the Masa Umatan. It is a weekly paper. You may be able to access it online.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 9:13 pm
Masa Umatan cannot be accessed online as far as I can see. Any other suggestions or names of preschools?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 9:34 pm
Do you want a daycare center (much more expensive, options for longer hours and fewer vacation days) or classic lakewood style? We were very very happy with Morah Miriam Diskind, on Clifton ave. I think Sima Pilchick, is closer to ridge and is also supposed to be phenomenal.

You can email 123@masaumatan.com and ask for the playgroup listings to be emailed to you.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 8:52 pm
Try Rebetzin Weisblum on Somerset-she's geared towards chassidish though
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics