Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Gluten Free Blintzes

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 4:48 pm
Please post what gluten free blintzes you've made.

I have almond flour, potato starch, I think tapioca and sweet rice flour and maybe a few others.

What is the best in terms of a blintz that mixes well, doesn't fall apart, and tastes good?

I will probably stick with potato starch as being tried & true but happy to hear other ideas!
Thanks!

anon bec discussing it in real life.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 5:03 pm
I find that blintzes made with King Arthur's gluten-free flour blend, which mixes rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca starch, clumps less and fries better than blintzes made with just potato starch.

That said, the result still isn't great, so I'm not going to attempt them this year. I tend to like things that are naturally gluten-free, like a really delicious roasted salmon, rather than ersatz gluteny foods. I will make glutenous foods, like lasagna, but I won't eat them.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 5:24 pm
I need to find the SCD recipe which is good.

ariellabella

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 7:59 pm
I'm sure you probably want to make homemade, but just in case you aren't set on that - the Pesach Tuv Taam cheese blintzes were really delicious and gluten free. I'm not sure who still has them in stock, but it might be worth a look.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 8:04 pm
ariellabella wrote:
I'm sure you probably want to make homemade, but just in case you aren't set on that - the Pesach Tuv Taam cheese blintzes were really delicious and gluten free. I'm not sure who still has them in stock, but it might be worth a look.

This. We buy them for dd by the case at Pesach time. They might be available around now for gluten free people. Dd made me show her the box to prove they were really gluten free.

Gneshe

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 8:19 pm
I use the crepe recipe from "Gluten Free Goes Gourmet" by Vicky Pearl. I Make it for the whole family and use my own filling. It's really good. Let me know if you want me to post the recipe.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 11:07 pm
Quote:
I use the crepe recipe from "Gluten Free Goes Gourmet" by Vicky Pearl. I Make it for the whole family and use my own filling. It's really good. Let me know if you want me to post the recipe.
Yes, please.

I made one batch with potato starch. Not amazing, but okay. (I ate a few. I actually don't know if I'll even serve them on YT but I felt like it wouldn't be Shavuos if I didn't at least try to make some!)

I was looking at some GF pesachdik ones, and realized they're probably mostly made w cottonseed oil, which is not going to work for me.

I also found Absolutely GF makes crepes but I couldn't find ingredients online so I may just order them & see.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 10:49 am
please post vicky pearl gluten free cheese blintzes...

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 11:44 am
Regular potato starch pesach crepes with a cottage cheese filling.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 11:53 am
Iymnok wrote:
Regular potato starch pesach crepes with a cottage cheese filling.

where do I find a recipe for these crepes?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics