Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Until when should I use dreft?

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 7:53 am
My son is 2 years old and I'm still washing his clothing in dreft. Until when should I be doing this?
Am I right in thinking that dreft is kinder to delicate baby clothing than regular detergent would be?

cm

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 9:23 am
The point of special infant detergent is to be gentle on delicate baby skin, not clothing. Baby clothing, IME, is pretty durable. I use regular unscented detergent for everything, with no problem.

Last edited by cm on Thu, Jun 09 2016, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 9:25 am
I stopped when the first bottle was finished and I provably wouldn't even bother for a next child

Jeanette

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 9:43 am
I don't like dreft because it has a very strong scent. I like using hypoallergenic scent free detergents for everyone.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 10:51 am
I don't know dreft but I use regular.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 11:47 am
pesek zman wrote:
I stopped when the first bottle was finished and I provably wouldn't even bother for a next child

I never used draft for any of nine, and my baby's skin were all fine.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 1:16 pm
Same. We use dye free perfume free detergent for everyone.

LittleDucky

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 1:47 pm
Like others on here, I use scent and dye free for the whole family. Why buy 2 different bottles, which is just going to get used for the wrong loads or in a mixed load. I like ALL or Tide. And Kirkland/costco brand. That's what I started with as per my pediatrician when one kid broke out in a rash when other detergent was used.

Yes, it doesn't have the "clean smell" but that's just the perfumes they use. The clothes instead has a "absence of dirt/ stink" smell. And dreft is so expensive!

MrsDash

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 2:07 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I never used draft for any of nine, and my baby's skin were all fine.

Not that I had nine kids, but seriously, what she said. Dreft is a total scam. An expensive scam too. There are numerous natural dye free detergents available for literally half the price.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry