Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Passaic Jewish community

eight

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 2:00 am
May be moving to Passaic and wanted to know info about the Jewish community, schools , shops ( Jewish shops and non Jewish eg Walmart etc )

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:22 am
there's a street called main avenue- on it is kosher konnection- the heimish food store, hosiery planet- the children's clothing store, pink orchad- the women's clothing's store, quick check- the pharmacy.....
It is IN the frum community so many pple can walk there.
There's also a costco, shopright, farmers market, "food basics" in close driving proximity. There used to be an acme that closed, I'm not sure if "seasons" took over. There's also michaels, bed bath and beyond, dress barn... all pretty close.

There are port authority buses and "spanish": buses that go to the city.

In terms of schools, its YBH, YKP- yeshiva k'tana of passaic, the cheder which I think is still only for boys ( girls division closed now. Some children commute to YNJ. I believe there are threads about the schools already.

The community is growing very quickly and there are a lot of shuls. I believe there are threads about shuls as well.

Good luck!

eight

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 10:35 am
Is there a separate boys and girls school . Do they offer both good chol and kodesh ? Is there a boys and girls high school ?

eight

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 10:37 am
Is Passaic expensive to live in ? What are some thoughts about highlands park and the frum Jewish community there ?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 10:41 am
eight wrote:
Is there a separate boys and girls school . Do they offer both good chol and kodesh ? Is there a boys and girls high school ?

Yes, a few. Passaic is not a small community. Yeshiva ktana has a boys building and girls building in separate locations, with about 6 parallel classes for each. Also a girls high school bais Yaakov.

There is also YBH with separate boys and girls classes and the cheder boys only (smaller classes).

A second girls high school is machon Ora which is in its third year I think.

There are a couple of boys mesivtas, I think three.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:16 pm
Hope you don't mind my bumping. Is there a frum advertising magazine in Passaic? Someone wants to find an article. Thanks.

eight

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:23 pm
There is a magazine/ booklet called local pages. But I’m not sure who to be in touch with to find out how to advertise

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:25 pm
eight wrote:
There is a magazine/ booklet called local pages. But I’m not sure who to be in touch with to find out how to advertise

Thanks

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 11:35 pm
eight wrote:

Did you end up moving to Passaic? Do you like it?

eight

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 12:15 am
Yes, been here for 4 years! Very nice
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating