Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to get a 12 year old girl

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 4:52 am
I had no way to get my 1st grader to school everyday . I found an 11 year old girl that said shell do it. she came and crossed her the street and took her everyday. I was tolled by someone that she expressed at one point that it got difficult and annoying for her. I really wanted to get her a nice gift to show our appreciation. I thought of getting her a piece of jewelry, but a friend tolled me that its not her bas mitzva .... what should I get her.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 5:05 am
This was a common arrangement in my neighborhood when I was a child. When I was too young to walk to the bus stop by myself I was picked up by an older neighbor. When I was old enough then I walked other young neighbors to the bus.

I'm trying to remember what the parents gave me as a thank you present. I think one family did give me a bracelet, but another family gave me a hair iron, and a different family gave me a purselet.

You don't have to spend big bucks, but it is nice to acknowledge how grateful you are. Maybe if you post your location then people can advise you what's trendy for girls in your area.

Another because I've discussed this IRL and lamented that we don't have this option where we live now.

e1234

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:43 am
I would get jewelry

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 8:19 am
Ask the mother what the girl's interests are. My 12yo DD asked for a basketball for her afikomen prize. Who knew?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 8:39 am
Thank you all for all of the nice ideas, They all are really helpful.

PAMOM

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 8:45 am
Definitely you can ask the mother, but jewelry at that age is always good! It doesn't have to be expensive, just something she wouldn't get herself. She was a huge help to you (what a great idea !) and it's kind and appropriate that you recognize her actions.

Last edited by PAMOM on Tue, Jun 14 2016, 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 8:47 am
PAMOM wrote:
Definitely you can ask the mother, but jewelry at that age is always good! It doesn't have to be expensive, just something she wouldn't get herself. She was a huge help to you (what a great idea !) and it's kind and sporophyte that you recognize her actions.

Dying to know what you actually meant to type. LOL

PAMOM

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 8:54 am
Haha--"appropriate."

wiki

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 1:59 pm
A Snapfish gift certificate would also be a fun gift for that age.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics