Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Looking for advice regarding school trip

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 11:43 am
My young 3 year old son is in gan here in israel which is called gan safa its smaller class size and more attention with speech and ot. Now for some strange reason there end of year trip includes the mothers to come along to some sort of petting farm. Now I am in very early stages of pregnancy and mornings are hard for me and this will be from early morning til 1:30. Every other mother will be there for there child and I held off giving an answer but today said yes as I wasn't sure what else to say. Any advice or chizzuk. I guess I will go just very nervous as its hot outside and it sounds like an outside trip and dont want my son to be without his mother.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 11:55 am
I am highly prone to heat stroke. Here's what I do.

Bring tons of water with you. A sport drink like Gatorade is a good idea to keep your electrolytes balanced. Bring a small towel, so you can soak it in water and wear it around your neck, it will help lower your internal temperature. Forget wearing a sheitel - wear a cotton bandanna that fits smoothly, and plop a wide brim sun hat over it. Don't forget sunscreen for both you and DS, and have him wear a baseball cap if the school allows it, as it will shade his eyes from the sun.

Petting animals is a lot of fun, but both you and DS need to be absolutely on top of washing your hands as much as possible, and be careful not to put your hands in your mouth until well washed. If there are no washing stations with good soap, bring hand sanitizer with you. Don't forget to wash the backs of your hands as well as the palms (you'd be amazed how many people skip that part!)

You are a great mama for wanting to go, and not disappoint your son. Don't forget to bring a camera!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:11 am
thanks so much! I am not a big fan of animals and just dont feel good but I agree no sheitel that day!! deep breath!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers