Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
OMG, NOOOOO
1  2  Next

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 6:54 pm
My five year old just shaved off all his bangs plus part of the top of his hair. Wait, that's not all. He also did it to his two year old brother that was suppose to have an upsherin. I am FUUUUMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG. MY KIDS LOOK TOTALLY AWFUL! BESIDES THE FACT THAT MY 2 YEAR OLD HAD THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BLONDE HAIR EVER AND NOW IT IS GOOOONNNEEE!!!!!! I cut the bottom into a short hair cut and tried to bring some long pieces from the back to the front but he looks crazy. My older son also completely insane, and he has a school party tomorrow with all the parents. SOMEONE CALM ME DOWN!!

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:05 pm
I'm so sorry!! Sounds like a nightmare! My kids have done it too, but not just before an upsherin! Big hug!

ldg

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:07 pm
Yikes. Maybe he can wear a cap to school tomorrow

mazal555

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:08 pm
amother wrote:
My five year old just shaved off all his bangs plus part of the top of his hair. Wait, that's not all. He also did it to his two year old brother that was suppose to have an upsherin. I am FUUUUMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG. MY KIDS LOOK TOTALLY AWFUL! BESIDES THE FACT THAT MY 2 YEAR OLD HAD THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BLONDE HAIR EVER AND NOW IT IS GOOOONNNEEE!!!!!! I cut the bottom into a short hair cut and tried to bring some long pieces from the back to the front but he looks crazy. My older son also completely insane, and he has a school party tomorrow with all the parents. SOMEONE CALM ME DOWN!!

It's ok every family has a kid that does that at some point. People will understand.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:10 pm
just had a glass of wine. the older one isn't so bad--I cut it into a buzz, and it just looks patchy in a few ares where he literally shaved it down. The younger one though...I'm not sure what to do, I can leave it as is, patchy in the front with some long and some short, or buzz it all off and he'll have patches of the shaved part like his brother. I'm not sure whats worse Sad

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:12 pm
Hugs. Happened to us last year. I woke up to hear the following conversation:
DH to DD4: Why are you holding those scissors? Wait, WHAT have you done to your hair?!! Ok, whatever you do, don't touch DD2 - she has beautiful hair -

(DD2 walks in)

DH: - Well, she HAD beautiful hair...!!!

Two pixie cuts later and they are almost back to normal. Hair grows - it's the only consolation.

But I'm sure you're livid right now Sad

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:18 pm
If it's any consolation whatsoever, my nephew cut his own peyos and snipped off one from a kid on his bus! The other kid's mother was angry, and my poor SIL didn't know what to do to resolve this.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:27 pm
Thats not fun!!!' Sorry to hear! My son cut off both of hiz peyos the day before his brothers upsherin. I was having a lot of guest etc...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
just had a glass of wine. the older one isn't so bad--I cut it into a buzz, and it just looks patchy in a few ares where he literally shaved it down. The younger one though...I'm not sure what to do, I can leave it as is, patchy in the front with some long and some short, or buzz it all off and he'll have patches of the shaved part like his brother. I'm not sure whats worse Sad

I'm so sorry Hug
Sounds like maybe the little one should stay as is without the buzz cut which might be too extreme for his age. I also think the buzz cut was the right decision for the older one - that style is more age appropriate for that age than partially chopped off hair. Can you get some nice caps for the next few weeks? Not sure where you're located but in New York the weather is sunny and breezy. Hug

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:43 pm
Nebach, the whole evening the two year old is saying to the five year old, "NO, scissors paper. no do dat!"

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:46 pm
Oh my gosh majo hugs.

All I can say is, take a picture because you WILL find this funny one day. Not for a long long time but some day.

sourstix

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 9:56 pm
oh my gosh. this reminds me of ds that did it at 3 and 4. I was so angry. he looked so silly then. it grew in a few months. and now I just laugh about it. and tell ds what he did. he looks at me like 'why in the world did I do that?' duh yes I wonder too.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 10:07 pm
There's a picture of me at the age of 4. My older sister cut my hair in bangs from one ear to the other, all the way. It looks hilarious.

My niece cut off her bangs to her hairline just before my wedding. A thick headband did the trick.

OP, time to head out and buy some cute caps. At least no one is hurt. One day you will laugh about this.....

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 10:56 pm
Op, can you please post a pic, of your, kids?
Sound so adorable.

Sake

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 11:08 pm
Oh my! I am laughing with you not at you.. I love how you tell the story and I'm taken back to the night I came home to 4 beautiful long pony tails in the bathroom garbage. It was night time and the house was so quiet and peacefull, I saw the ponytails and threw up. Told DH I did not even want to see the girls. He put me to bed and in the morning, it was even worse than I thought. 2 daughters needed buzz cuts. I bought them tiny wigs and they fell in love, they called them "wags" and to this day they are not married but wear sheitles lol.... oh I wish you could post a picture! ((((hugs mama)))) it's just hair!

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 12:02 am
My husband, without telling me, took our son with the most beautiful white blonde hair, and got him a buzz cut. His hair grows about an inch every five years. It grew back - it took an entire year for an inch or two - a light brown color. I don't think I've forgiven him yet.

Luckily, I drink wine, too!

debsey

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 12:04 am
No consolation but you HAVE GOT to take a picture. You can use it to blackmail him that one day, you're displaying it at his sheva brachos.......Major HUGS! My daughter did this to herself right before my SIL's wedding. Thankfully, we were able to buy a flower wreath and hired a hairdresser who was able to hide the damage, but I'll never forget how I felt when I saw her....... Or as I told the hairdresser - at least you know she'll never open a competing business to you.

rzab

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 5:36 am
just to add another story so that you don't feel alone on this one, the night before my wedding my nephew used my bil shaver to make a straight line across the front of his head (I think he was 4 or 5 at the time).
he just wore a REALLY big kippa to my wedding Smile

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 6:12 am
To add another story- I gave two of my siblings less-than-professional haircuts erev Pesach one year, and I was a teen at the time. Brother just needed his bangs trimmed so they wouldn't be in his eyes by the end of sefira, and I accidentally cut above my fingers instead of below. His bangs ended up almost at his hairline, and while a buzzcut would have fixed it (a)my mother hates buzzcuts (b)we only had scissors, not a real haircutting machine (c)it was too late to go out and get it done at a barbershop.

Sister's haircut was cute but a lot shorter than she wanted it (what was supposed to be shoulder-length turned into a chin-length bob).

They've both since forgiven me and tease me about it, though no one in my family let me near the hair scissors after that!

Butterfly

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 6:45 am
amother wrote:
To add another story- I gave two of my siblings less-than-professional haircuts erev Pesach one year, and I was a teen at the time. Brother just needed his bangs trimmed so they wouldn't be in his eyes by the end of sefira, and I accidentally cut above my fingers instead of below. His bangs ended up almost at his hairline

They've both since forgiven me and tease me about it, though no one in my family let me near the hair scissors after that!

What struck me funny was the fact that you were a teen at the time, unlike some young 3-5 yr old...Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

My apologies for the laughs. Rolling Laughter
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics