Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Sephardi girls schools in Brooklyn

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:59 pm
I'm trying to find more info on Sephardi girls schools (most of the people I know just send to litvish schools and teach at home). My husband wears black hat on Shabbat and I'm very makpid on tzniut, and we keep Beit Yosef and cholov yisrael, but we do have a tv (mostly for sports, but watch some more pareve stuff like home decorating shows). We're not sure what schools would be a good fit for us. Most of the stuff I see online seems too modern for us. People have mentioned ateret and meorot. Does anyone have information on them? Other schools we should be looking into?

naomi2

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 8:57 pm
Ateret is a great school. The clientele is pretty frum and the girls are really nice. It's a regular sephardic beis yaacov. I don't know anything about meoros. Your best bet is to go take a tour of both and see if you like the schools and if you think your girls would fit in.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 9:53 pm
Its very hard to get into ateret.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 10:01 pm
amother wrote:
Its very hard to get into ateret.

that is correct. There are so many sisters that need to first be accepted, and alumni kids, that there's hardly room for new kids. But can't hurt to try.
(I'm not sure how the tv thing will go over though, doesn't seem like most families that send there have a tv)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics