Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Share your story- seeing God in hard times

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 6:21 pm
I'll start.

The past few months have been very tight for us financially. With the added expense of Shavuos we were left with literally no money for groceries until Friday payday. Is just me and my husband so I figured we'd just eat tuna and whatever's in the freezer and deal with it, but I was feeling very down and upset. I'm not a very spiritual person by nature but I just said 'God, I trust you will find a way to help us out'.
Literally an hour later a friend who ran a Shavuos program called me and said she had trays full of extra food, would I happen to want any?

What's your story?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 7:27 pm
Near my house there is a program for the Deaf. They had a sign over the door for a long time reading BSD - Brooklyn Society for the Deaf. To me it was always my reminder of B'Siata Dishmaya. At one point the sign fell down and was not replaced for months.

One particularly hard day I walked out of my house and noticed the sign had been replaced with a new sign proclaiming BSD in big bold letters. I felt like Hashem was telling me He is with me, holding my hand. There is a reason for all this and things will get better.

Now it is almost 2 years later and I still smile every time I see that sign.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 12:00 am
I got engaged the day before my mother passed away

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 9:29 am
Ok this is a little lighter- but after a grueling transatlantic flight that haf a delay,a layover,etc etc our luggage got lost and I was frantic. Inside was 2 roasts I was bringing from ny for ymtv and now it would be spoiled and leak everywhere!
2 days later our suitcase was found and with trepidation I opened it to find.... a bottle of yummy smelling bodywash had leaked even though it was triple wrapped and there was no meat smell at all!! I threw out the meat, wiped everything down...
I said Hashem literally sent me a nes like yosef when he was going to mitzrayim and he went in a spice caravan for him to reallize Hashem was cushioning him.
I felt hugged by Hashem.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:32 am
Im in the process of a divorce and bec its tough I notoce the small things that conner my way, as a way fo Hashem saying, I'm here holding your hand. For example my children are much easier bh than most others their ages, I meet the right ppl at the right time who guide me and give me clarify during thia trying time etc. Its amazing to see it so clearly in so many small ways!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:50 am
amother wrote:
Im in the process of a divorce and bec its tough I notoce the small things that conner my way, as a way fo Hashem saying, I'm here holding your hand. For example my children are much easier bh than most others their ages, I meet the right ppl at the right time who guide me and give me clarify during thia trying time etc. Its amazing to see it so clearly in so many small ways!

Wow! Hatzlacha!
I would bet that you've been preparing yourself for this and other challenges throughout your life, finding and having good people for support, your education both formal and informal, etc. to have such clarity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational