Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Los Angeles Valley...?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 1:28 am
What are the Ashkenazi Shuls there? What is the community like? What is Emek school like? Young families, room to join in and participate/feel appreciated?
Trying to get a feel for the area. Might move there because housing is much cheaper than Pico or la brea. We are a young couple, little kids (not school aged yet). Somewhat yeshivish but probably mix between that and very right wing MO. Not Kollel couple type basically But serious about learning, growth, I dress like BY (fully cover hair with snood or sheitel, always tights or stoking outside, skirt and sleeve fully below respective joints at all times etc). Not materialistic or fashion conscious. Don't own tv but yes internet. Does that describe who we are?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 4:07 pm
Bump.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 4:17 pm
I am from there. It sounds like it might be a good fit for you. You should go for Shabbos to check out the community. There is quite a mix within the orthodox community there but most of the young families sound similar to you, although they probably have tvs. I liked growing up there but would not live there now because the community is too right wing for me- but it sounds like that might be what you are looking for. It's definitely a warm community and generally less materialistic although it Really depends on the family.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 4:27 pm
I assume you are talking about north Hollywood but there's also Tarzana, northridge, Agoura, etc

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 9:22 pm
Not tarzana or Encino. Was thinking valley village.
What are the Ashkenazi Shuls?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating