Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
A warm Seminary in United States

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 2:21 am
Looking for a warm seminary not in israel for a Frum girl coming from a bais yAkov out of town high school, dealing with major family issues and other issues at the same time. Needs a seminary which will be welcoming , warm, have a dorm , normal girls ... Is there one out there???? She can't go to a very yeshivish seminary. Any ideas or leads would be greatly appreciated. A Far Rockaway seminary is one we've been looking into..

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:14 am
I don't think there are still many OOT seminaries with dorms that are open, maybe Denver or Baltimore? Yavneh (Cleveland) and Rebbetzin Assaf (Brooklyn) may be too yeshivish for her.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:15 am
Ateres Naava

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:19 am
I have no ideas for you. but I am happy to see your looking for something like this. dd needed this and I regret not asking here. she is not in seminary its a different setup now. but I wish there was something for chasidish girls that have trouble at home and need a warm and welcoming type of place.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:30 am
I think the seminary you are looking into may be Machon Basya Rochel in Far Rockaway? I've heard good things about it.

Bnos Chaim seminary in Lakewood is also very warm, but though it's a mix, it is on the Yeshivish side. You can look into it but it may not be for you.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 12:14 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I think the seminary you are looking into may be Machon Basya Rochel in Far Rockaway? I've heard good things about it.

Do they have a dorm and full day programming or direction for how to fill the afternoons?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 12:28 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Do they have a dorm and full day programming or direction for how to fill the afternoons?

They do have a dorm. It's considered a full day program - I believe it's from 9-3 and there are also evening classes, with free time in the interim.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 12:35 pm
There's Ateres Naava in Brooklyn. Last I heard they had a dorm still. Very warm enviornments but they have girls from basis yak of schools as well as from kiruv schools so it's a mix.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 7:22 pm
Can someone tell me more about ateres navah- what's schedule, where's dorm and conditions? Is it rabbi wallerstiens school? Is there any other options besides something in Brooklyn ?

cnc

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 7:37 pm
http://ateresnaava.net/#nogo

Another vote for Ateres Naava.
I don't know whether or not they have a dorm.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 10:13 pm
Does anyone know if ateres nava has a dorm or where it's located ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics