Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What's the fair amount?

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 7:54 pm
Hi
I am flying to Israel with a few kids and offering a free ticket for a mothers helper. I wanted someone to help me on the plane and babysit a few hours a day with the rest of the time free for herself. She will be staying with her family. What's the fare amount to pay? Is it enough to pay for her ticket? Do I have to pay for transportation back and forth to me when she babysits? I just want to know what is normally done and be fair

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:01 pm
You should definitely pay for the transportation.
I think you should also pay her for the hours she helps you. Ask her what amount she expects.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:10 pm
If she was just helping on the plane her ticket is payment enough.
Being that she is helping you a few hours a day I would think some form of payment, depending on her age and what you are xpecting her to do, would be expected.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:21 pm
Do you already have someone to do this job? My daughter would love to work with such an arrangement.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:38 pm
I do have someone thanks! I just thought since am paying over 1000$ for the flight and need her just a few hours daily she has lots of time for herself so thought that would be enough. Thanks for your input

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:43 pm
I really think paying for a free flight to Israel plus transportation to and from your apartment is enough payment since you only want help for a few hours a day.

I guess you need to be a bit more specific about what a few means. Is it 3 hours a day for two weeks or is it 5 hours a day for a whole summer? for the former I would imagine a free ticket and transportation is enough. The latter would require payment in addition to that.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:54 pm
amother wrote:
Do you already have someone to do this job? My daughter would love to work with such an arrangement.

I will possibly be traveling with several kids & toddler twins. Or go somewhere to the country, but I would need to have a mothers helper. I could also use a mothers helper daily at home. Is your daughter looking for a summer job? Or just a short term thing?

Miri7

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 8:59 pm
I agree with causemommysaid . If It's a few hours a day for a couple of weeks then the ticket plus transportation is enough. If it's more hours for longer then maybe pay her more.

Either way, plan the hours ahead of time so she can enjoy her time there and make plans with family and friends and won't be "on call" all the time.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 9:09 pm
amother wrote:
I will possibly be traveling with several kids & toddler twins. Or go somewhere to the country, but I would need to have a mothers helper. I could also use a mothers helper daily at home. Is your daughter looking for a summer job? Or just a short term thing?

Are you traveling to Israel? My daughter is going for the summer to be there for my nieces wedding. She's looking for a job so she can pay for her ticket. If she has a job here for the first month she will go for the second month.
The wedding is in the middle of August.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 9:12 pm
I did this in high school for a family going from ny to florida.
They paid my flight, meals (all in restaurants), hotel(suite they owned)
They got me a bracelet at the end. I didnt expect anything aftwr they paid for my flight.

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 9:56 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
I really think paying for a free flight to Israel plus transportation to and from your apartment is enough payment since you only want help for a few hours a day.

I guess you need to be a bit more specific about what a few means. Is it 3 hours a day for two weeks or is it 5 hours a day for a whole summer? for the former I would imagine a free ticket and transportation is enough. The latter would require payment in addition to that.

This.
If she's staying with family and has a significant amount of time to herself, the ticket is plenty of compensation. She's getting a free vacation in Israel! That's worth more than what most kids get for jobs that are even more work than that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette