Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Worried - baby suddenly wont sit

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 11:24 pm
My 10 month old daughter has been sitting for at least two months unaided. Today when I tried to put her in the sitting position she screamed and threw herself backwards until I lay her down. While on the floor she was happily rolling around and swimmng across my apartment (more today than she ever did.) She sat happily in the highchair and in an outdoor riding toy.

I'm wondering if she is just expressing her preference for lying on the floor or if there is some reason for me to worry over here.

Could it be that she is so excited with her newfound ability to get all over the house that she doesnt want to be stuck in a sitting position?

Please advise ladies - I'm a worried mama.

Thankd

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 11:33 pm
Why don't you see what happens tomorrow

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 11:37 pm
I agree wait and see. To me it sounds like she's thinking about crawling though.

tf

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 11:44 pm
Not only crawling, she sat happily in the Highchair and riding toy. So what's the issue? Besides, babies have their preferences as well. Newfound activities are reasons for all people to focus on the new fun, not only babies. Enjoy the fact that you can see her milestones first hand.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 12:51 am
I suppose. it's just that she did that a few times she screamed folded her legs and threw herself back. I guess I'll wait a few days and se what happens bc. other than that she seems fine

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 3:45 am
I'm pretty certain baby will sit again in a day or two. If not, could there have been an injury causing baby pain? Did anything happen in the past week different to usual schedule?

MyUsername

Post Sat, Jun 18 2016, 3:35 pm
Can your baby get from sitting to crawling? If not, of course she wouldn't want to be sitting!

Most likely, if she can sit in highchair, stroller, on your lap, etc. then she's probably fine.

If she can transition from sitting to crawling on her own but keeps refusing, even if she sits in other settings, then I would give it a week, and then go double check with the doctor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics