Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Please help me find a swimsuit!

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 6:49 pm
I haven't gone swimming in years. I really would like to start swimming this summer, but I need a suit that I feel comfortable in, with maximum coverage. (I.e. regular bathing suit, not with legs or sleeves.) I'm a shy person, the skin on my chest / back isn't all that great, etc. Here's what I'm looking for, any pointers would be great.
1. underwire support and bra padding if possible, just so nipples don't show
2. HIGH neck
3. High back

I assume I'll wear swim shorts... is that what most women do? I really haven't hung around the pool in years.

Also - is an underwire necessary? Do most bathing suits come with some sort of built in bra?

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 7:09 pm
Go to landsend.com The regular price is ridiculous-wait for sales. But, they have a nice assortment of the separates that you can mix and match to make the swimsuit that you will feel best in. Some of the tops are padded with underwire, some have a shelf bra. There are skirted styles and shorts styles. Take a look!

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 7:10 pm
Go to landsend.com The regular price is ridiculous-wait for sales. But, they have a nice assortment of the separates that you can mix and match to make the swimsuit that you will feel best in. Some of the tops are padded with underwire, some have a shelf bra. There are skirted styles and shorts styles. Take a look! Call them if you have questions-the women are super nice and helpful. Once in a while there is a male customer service rep. If it is a bathing suit question, I hang up, retry and then get a woman answering the phone.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 8:14 pm
Thanks. None of those come up high enough for me, though!
Do most women wear shorts on top of their bathing suit? I can't imagine feeling comfortable without. Ladies, what do you wear when you swim?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 8:19 pm
I wear shorts with my bathing suit. Although last year I got one that has a little skirt thing attached, and that was great. It made life easier. I got that bathing suit from Murray's Kosher Socks in South Fallsburg. I got my other bathing suit from Burlington.

I do not order bathing suits online. I don't feel comfortable guessing at the right fit. I need to try it on.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 8:20 pm
How about a nice rash guard with a small swim skirt on top? I found a beautiful rash guard at TJ Max one year and I paired it with a short swim skirt I have.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 8:24 pm
Rash guards
http://m.swimoutlet.com/tight-.....5313/

Do a search for high neck. There are some options with back coverage too. This site has video of the front and back of each item so you can see the bathing suit fully.
This one is a tankini top but seems to have cups for chest coverage like you wanted.
http://m.swimoutlet.com/p/spee.....GIIGA

pause

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 9:31 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Rash guards
http://m.swimoutlet.com/tight-.....5313/

Do a search for high neck. There are some options with back coverage too. This site has video of the front and back of each item so you can see the bathing suit fully.
This one is a tankini top but seems to have cups for chest coverage like you wanted.
http://m.swimoutlet.com/p/spee.....GIIGA

You'd need to wear a bra under the rash guard, a separate swimming one. Why buy 3 pieces when one will do?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics