Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
I need advice on making a kiddush in my home

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 9:48 pm
What would be easy things I can freeze ahead? I have no idea how many people to plan for - you never know who will really come. Any ideas for simple setup? Should everything be cut up and put on platters the night before? Where would I keep them? I've never done this before! Any advice welcome.
Thanks!

tryinghard

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 10:35 pm
cookies can freeze well, brownies, blondies or any bar cookie. Anyything you can do the night before, you should. Help is a must - you cant do it alone!

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 10:55 pm
amother wrote:
What would be easy things I can freeze ahead? I have no idea how many people to plan for - you never know who will really come. Any ideas for simple setup? Should everything be cut up and put on platters the night before? Where would I keep them? I've never done this before! Any advice welcome.
Thanks!

I just made a kiddush in my house this Shabbos :-) I ordered a fruit platter, and I made two cakes and some cookies. My sisters sent a chocolate basket, and a few other people sent a few things. My sister in law made a salad, and that was it. Really nothing fancy. I absolutely didn't want all those fancy cakes and cookies that everyone looks at and says "oh they look so pretty!"" and then they don't eat them. I didn't want major leftovers.
Oh I forgot, I also got some prepackaged baked goods and candy from the local grocery store. Spent maybe $150 total (the fruit platter was $55)

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks!

Sorry, I realized I didn't really answer the questions!!!
So in terms of freezing, anything baked freezes well- cookies, cake, brownies....
I baked everything last week, on Wednesday Thursday and Friday, so I just left it all out (covered well) on the kitchen table until Shabbos morning and then cut it and played it and set up the table. We had both meals in our house and used the living room (where we made the kiddush) for the meals, so I couldn't set up the night before. There were also way too many little people- for sure everything would have been gone had it been set up early.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics