Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Electric Pressure Cooker?

SS6099

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 11:01 am
Anyone here use an electric pressure cooker? I have a regular one but I'm thinking of splurging on an electric one for convenience and safety.
Just looking for reviews.
Thanks.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 11:04 am
Yes I love mine. It's amazing and cooks food soooo fast. Even Cooks meat perfectly in half hour-40 mins.

SS6099

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 11:11 am
amother wrote:
Yes I love mine. It's amazing and cooks food soooo fast. Even Cooks meat perfectly in half hour-40 mins.

Which one do you have?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 11:16 am
I want one so badly! Especially now that it's summer, and I don't want to heat up the kitchen for hours.

Where can I get a good one in Israel, and what brand?

SS6099

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 11:22 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I want one so badly! Especially now that it's summer, and I don't want to heat up the kitchen for hours.

Where can I get a good one in Israel, and what brand?

I was looking into these 2 but I'm super confused!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....WM32D

https://www.amazon.com/My-cs60.....QHVW5

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 12:39 pm
I had a nesco, it wasn't working after a while so I got a cuisinart, and then the digital display broke after a few years, so now I have a fagor. The fagor seems to build pressure faster and I'm very happy with it so far. My only dislike is that it beeps really loudly when selecting options, setting time, when it builds pressure, hen it's done, etc. Really, really loud. Otherwise, it's great.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 2:31 pm
So I got an instant pot for a gift and tried it a few times. Its really easy to use, but I really dont know what to make in it.

coffeedrinker

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 8:33 pm
Yes recipes please I got one as a wedding present I used it once and it didn't come out so in the back of my closet it is!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 8:40 pm
coffeedrinker wrote:
Yes recipes please I got one as a wedding present I used it once and it didn't come out so in the back of my closet it is!

Google "pressure cooker recipes" or go on Pinterest and search "pressure cooker". There are SO many good ideas out there. I can't wait to get one.

I really like the idea of taking meat that is frozen solid, and having it cooked all the way through in under an hour, or using a really cheap cut of tough roast and making it come out soft and tender. I'll save a fortune by not buying canned or frozen beans, if I can make them easily by myself. I can also make fruit pie filling in there, and not have to worry about scorching the bottom of the pot and ruining the whole batch.

Since Israel is so hot for so much of the year, a crock pot seems like a really bad idea, because it just heats up the house all day, and the steam adds to the humidity. A pressure cooker can take it's place, and use a fraction of the time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen