Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Delete
1  2  Next

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 2:26 pm
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 3:12 pm
I'm surprised that Flatbush doesn't have an equivalent to Brooklyn SW such that you'd shlep out here to it, though it's true I do plenty of shopping there.

Junee is another choice if it's skirts your looking for. Maybe Girls on Glen. Polka Dot is somewhat more expensive but they may have sales.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 9:47 am
Delete

sourstix

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 9:51 am
Junee in Lakewood has Different length skirts. I love that place and they have all different types of things for all types of taste

L K

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:08 am
Another vote for Brooklyn sw and Junee for adult skirts.

kollel wife

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:55 am
Fashion Stop has a very large selection of black skirts of different types (straight, a-line, etc). I'm not sure about colors.

sky

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 11:00 am
I was in Fashion stop last years ago and they had an entire floor of black skirts in every length and style. Not sure if they still do.

Personally I don't find I can always find a long enough skirt. Sometimes I'll find a Paniz skirt that is longer, or there used to be a brand ZC that had each skirt with a size and length which was very nice, not sure if it is still around.

IIRC Brooklyn Southwest sometimes has the lengths on the label, so you can see the length. I remember there were 27" to choose from, which is a good length for me. Not sure about other lengths.

Brooklyn Southwest has a personnel Shopper service for free. So you can call in advance that you are coming and what you are looking for and someone will help you find those pieces. If you go on a quieter weekday morning they are very helpful.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 11:20 am
sky, I tend to wear the same skirt over and over because not many skirts fit me right and also long enough. When a skirt needs replacement I find myself buying the same one again.

Fashion stop is a good place to try.

I've never used the personal shopper at BKSW, because I find that in general their saleswomen are very helpful.

ETA - I recently bought a skirt (I bought it in Brooklyn SW) called the Junee bling. Not sure how tall the OP is - I'm not so tall myself - but I'm really happy with the skirt. It's an A-line and has some stretch to the fabric, and I'm finding it super comfortable, practical, machine-washable, and it even looks nice. However I don't think the length would work for taller women. It comes in black, navy, and dark grey.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 11:54 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 1:28 pm
Chayalle wrote:
sky, I tend to wear the same skirt over and over because not many skirts fit me right and also long enough. When a skirt needs replacement I find myself buying the same one again.

Fashion stop is a good place to try.

I've never used the personal shopper at BKSW, because I find that in general their saleswomen are very helpful.

ETA - I recently bought a skirt (I bought it in Brooklyn SW) called the Junee bling. Not sure how tall the OP is - I'm not so tall myself - but I'm really happy with the skirt. It's an A-line and has some stretch to the fabric, and I'm finding it super comfortable, practical, machine-washable, and it even looks nice. However I don't think the length would work for taller women. It comes in black, navy, and dark grey.

I am looking for just that kind of skirt. Do you mind telling me how much BSW charged?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 1:30 pm
For some reason I can't remember.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 1:33 pm
Isn't Brooklyn SouthWest just Lakewood's division of Brenda's?

For some reason, I thought it was... In which case, no need to schlep to Lakewood - Brenda's should have the same stuff...

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 3:23 pm
For some reason, I seem to recall that it was opened by a relative of S&W

L K

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 4:17 pm
Someone mentioned fashion stop, they do have a huge selection of skirts.

In the past, I remember trendy styles were downstairs, and many many more classic ones were upstairs.

debsey

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 4:51 pm
smileforamile wrote:
People have told me about this store in Lakewood called Brooklyn Southwest, which sells all different-length skirts. I'm thinking about driving out there from Flatbush to go shopping, but I would want to make a whole day out of it. What are some other good clothing stores in the area?
hate to disappoint you but I spent today camp shopping w two teenagers and we had a really hard time finding skirts in lakewood. I found the skirts to be skimpy and tight fitting, and it was hard to find long enough skirts. In Lakewood! We finally had the best success in Brooklyn southwest and girls on Glenn. We were actually planning on making the trip into Brooklyn to see if the selection would be better there. I honestly don't get what the manufacturers are thinking - my daughters want to play ball in camp, not split the seams in their skirt every time they try to run!

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 5:28 pm
Since you live in Flatbush I would suggest trying Fallons before heading to Lakewood. I was there a few weeks ago and they had many skirts in 27 and 29inches
Fallon's 3132 Bedford, 718-325-5667

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 7:27 pm
Delete

INSPIREME

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 7:59 pm
Polka Dot Boutique has their own brand skirt (Honeyseed) in two lengths. The longer skirt is 27" long.

cnc

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 8:15 pm
Im almost sure that Junees started making a line of 27 inch skirts.

Try S and W and Mrs. K in Boro Park.
I never shopped by these places but knowing the clientele that does, I'd assume they have skirts in those lengths.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 8:25 pm
Mrs k is great! It's a big store and they have lots of stuff! Oh my I miss brooklyn😞
S&w is very expensive
On sale if your there right away you could find stuff but u have to be lucky
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics