Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Comparing prices Lakewood groceries

sourstix

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 8:39 pm
I felt a need to publicize. Npgs is the cheapest grocery excluding the meat and chicken
Other then that every item I checked and keep checking is cheapest! And a lot cheaper many items are like more then a dollar cheaper! Ok this is probably not news to the old timers but for the new ones coming to town I felt it would be nice of me to let u know. The one in Jackson is real nice even though it's out of the way
Seriously I keep on checking to make sure but that is the bottom line

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 9:07 pm
What I have found is that shopping sales in seasons is cheaper then npgs-
I look at their sales on Sunday and compose my meals based on their sales items. Then I order e/t else that I need. I find that they put many basics and necessities on sale each week.

I love their ready to bake chicken, cutlets and meats.

I love their customer service and quick home delivery.

L K

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 9:19 pm
Apricot, how are their prices for basics like milk, eggs, bread, pita, cereals? Also veggies and fruits?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 9:35 pm
I am finding npgs so expensive. I find that gourmet glatt sales are amazing and if you stick up on sale every week you will have what you need.

Kellogg's corn flake crumbs in gourmet glatt is 2.29 npgs 3.79
Hecklers flour 1.79 and npgs 3.39 ( this week its finally on sale in the coop)
Domino sugar was 1.99 in gourmet glatt npgs is 2.79
Hunts tomatoe sauce 29 oz can .99 npgs 2.19
Eggs in gourmet glatt .50 and npgs .59
And cheeses before shavuous was so much cheaper in seasons and gourmet glatt. I bought cream cheese in npgs and I came home bill was 18.69 I was shocked so I returned it and bought same thing in gourmet Glatt for 9.99.

Granted you have to be careful because there are a few items in gourmet Glatt that are expensive but overall they really save you money.

And fruits and vegetables gourmet Glatt hands down peppers the nice colorful ones are .99 and stunning while in npgs it's always wilted and spoiled for 2.99 a pound.

I was asking people why they even shop in npgs because it's so expensive but everyone I speak to that shops there doesn't price shop and just assumes they are the cheapest because they were years ago.

sky

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 9:59 am
sales are much better at Seasons and Gourmet Glatt. Seasons is bettern than Glatt on chicken.
the ready to bake chicken cutlets at Season are 5.99 - 8.99 on sale, Farm fresh often has ready to cook for 4.99 or less... . Capons at Farm Fresh when on sale were a dollar cheaper than Seasons. So while they have cheap prices - it isn't by far the cheapest. Clean chicken on sale is cheap, but I didn't find their ready to cook items so cheap, just convenient.

Regular priced items I find MUCH cheaper than NPGS all the time - by a lot.
So while I will save on sale items I end up losing on the others.

I like that NPGS puts their regular prices on their sales. Many times their mark downs are very good while the other stores are not.

We definitely compare receipts, my DH is very ontop of the pricing.

Watsonsale.com is a great site to compare the sales and see were it is more worth it to shop.

Last edited by sky on Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:06 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:03 am
Seasons chicken is so cheap I asked them if they made a mistake and it really was delicious I was shocked. My kids really liked it better.

L K

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:05 am
sky wrote:

Regular priced items I find MUCH cheaper than NPGS all the time - by a lot.
So while I will save on sale items I end up losing on the others.

I like that NPGS puts their regular prices on their sales. Many times their mark downs are very good while the other stores are not.

Sky, I must be slow today so I'll ask to clarify: do you mean that non-sale items in npgs are more expensive than in other stores? I'm not talking about meat here, but basic groceries.

And I didn't get what you meant in the second paragraph.

sky

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:11 am
I find NPGS's regular priceing to be much cheaper than regular pricing in other stores. (On some items I have found them to be 10 - 20% less)

Look on watsonsale.com.
NPGS lists their regular prices for most sale items so you can see actual savings. Gourmet Glatt and Seasons don't mention the regular prices.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:48 am
I compared my receipts from Npgs and gg and so many items were cheaper at Npgs
I don't necessarily by sale items some of the stuff is not my hechsher like corn flake crumbs mentioned and the General Mills
I just shop what my family likes I don't go by sales so for me the items that I buy weekly is a lot cheaper
Pampers wipes are cheaper ok Walmart is cheaper but I can't run to different stores for different items like chicken to seasons and for different items to others so I just get everything in Npgs and I come out cheaper

Faigy86

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:48 am
sky wrote:
I find NPGS's regular priceing to be much cheaper than regular pricing in other stores. (On some items I have found them to be 10 - 20% less)

This - 100% If you are shopping the sales, you will find good prices on many items at Gourmet Glatt, and to a lesser degree Seasons, but for regular groceries (not produce) NPGS is cheaper most of the time. But, bread and milk are priced just about the same in both NPGS and GG

sky

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:53 am
Faigy86 wrote:
This - 100% If you are shopping the sales, you will find good prices on many items at Gourmet Glatt, and to a lesser degree Seasons, but for regular groceries (not produce) NPGS is cheaper most of the time. But, bread and milk are priced just about the same in both NPGS and GG

Except that we only like Pride of the Farm so I have to make a special trip for that -normally delivered from Farm Fresh because their milk is well priced and I'll get some sale items delivered, and ready to bake chicken when that is available (I see breaded chicken fingers went up to 5.99 this week Sad )

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 1:12 pm
Npgs is a freaking scavenger hunt and the checkout lines are so long..Sad

I stick to GG and shop rite Howell
time is money..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics