Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Amazon synthetic wig
1  2  Next

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 8:17 pm
I just ordered a synthetic wig for 4. 83 from Amazon. Do u think it's a piece of cr@p?

cnc

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 8:18 pm
Most likely- for that price.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 8:19 pm
probably

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 8:23 pm
Link?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 8:37 pm
yes.

My DH bought wigs for my girls for Purim at a wig boutique in the city center of philly for Purim for around $10.
they really looked gorgeous out of the package - like I could wear this but after 2 - 3 hours the long one was a knotted mess and the short one just looked bad. I'd say the short one holded up much better than the long one, but just in the course of the day. The short one I was able to save for future years. The long one was garbage - you couldn't even brush it.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 9:24 am
Does anyone know if the wigs for less that are 100 are nice

doctorima

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 9:58 am
You get what you pay for.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 10:22 am
I was considering buying it cuz they look so gorgeous from her pics so can someone please give me more info thanks

Fox

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 11:16 am
amother wrote:

I've worn synthetics for years. I used to wear Paula Young, but they discontinued the styles I liked, so I bought my most recent shaitels from a non-Jewish shop.

In my recent experience, a good synthetic will run between $100-$175, depending on style and length. However, you can frequently find them on sale, which helps a bit.

Yes, synthetics do wear out faster than human hair shaitels. They get knotted and frizzy. On the other hand, they don't require the constant care that human hair shaitels seem to need. You can often wash them yourself with no special styling needed.

Years ago, the texture was noticeably different, but synthetics in the last five years or so seem to have improved -- I don't notice a difference in the hair quality until the shaitel starts to get tired. Nor are they as hot as they used to be.

The price differential is huge, too -- for the cost of a $1500 human hair shaitel, you could purchase 15 synthetics!

Really, it doesn't have to be either-or. I can understand someone wanting a higher-quality human hair wig, but it's great to have some flexibility in style or be able to wear a more trendy look without shelling out big bucks.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 11:19 am
I purchased a synthetic wig from a frum seller on e-bay a few years ago - I think wigs 4 less or something like that - not sure if she is still selling... The wigs were 25-50 or so. I was very happy with the wig for about 3 months of regular use, after that, it just knotted, frizzed, and was totally unwearable.

Fox

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 11:27 am
amother wrote:
I purchased a synthetic wig from a frum seller on e-bay a few years ago - I think wigs 4 less or something like that - not sure if she is still selling... The wigs were 25-50 or so. I was very happy with the wig for about 3 months of regular use, after that, it just knotted, frizzed, and was totally unwearable.

IME, 3 months is pretty average for a low- or medium-priced synthetic that's worn daily.

They're a great option for people who don't want to spend a lot of money, particularly at once; who don't want to commit to a particular style for so long; or who don't want to be bothered with monthly maintenance.

But they're not an investment, like a high-quality human shaitel is; they're basically disposable.

sky

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 4:13 pm
3 months for $25 isn't bad. Its cheaper than a wash and set.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 4:58 pm
sky wrote:
3 months for $25 isn't bad. Its cheaper than a wash and set.

I agree.

yksraya

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:17 pm
http://www.voguewigs.com/alway......html

Or any other forever young wig that looks nice.

It doesn't last too long, I get new ones atleast once a yr.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 11:37 am
I got this one , I'll let you know how it holds up.
I'm a big fan of synthetics. The prices of the sheitals are not justified in my opinion. I do have two sheitals for shabbos, simchas etc and work, but I never paid more than 700 for a sheital. I think it's just outrageous to pay that kind of money. I like synthetics bc I can just wash them and they "pop" back into the original style. No need to pay extra money for wash and sets and so on.

good luck

http://www.voguewigs.com/urban......html

amother
White

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 12:05 pm
plum amother. how was that wig?

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 12:11 pm
also curious...

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 1:55 pm
amother wrote:

PM the user DollyWelsh. She is a big advocate of synthetic wigs and regularly shares advice about them. I'm sure she'll be happy to advise you.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 2:28 pm
I ordered a this for purim, and I would wear all the time if it werent purple. I trimmed the bangs a drop myself. Maybe they have it in your hair color, I wish they had mine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

MamaBear

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 2:38 pm
The Forever Young line is pretty nice for that price range. But they don't come in sizes
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics