Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Thrush in a toddler - 4th Time in 2.5 montha

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 9:58 pm
My 2 year old has hd thrush 3 times in the last 2 months. He's on an inhaler for asthma and he was on antibiotics aroun those two times so I assume it's from that. I just have him Zithromax yesterday for the first time and forgot to give acidophilus, I look now and see he has thrush inside his lips again. He's been on three medications for thrush already, what can I do that doesn't invovle meds. He's been on so much medication over the last 2 months I feel so bad

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 11:20 pm
Does he rinse out his mouth after using the inhaler? Can he use a spacer? Maybe he needs stronger medicine from his doctor? Give me salad with real white vinegar in it (if he likes that). It will keep the yeast in line, and feed him yogurt with live cultures a few hours after the antibiotic. Refuah shalaima!

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 6:19 am
He uses a spacer with the inhaler. I try to give him a drink after the inhaler but not always. He won't eat salad. We eat cholov Yisroel and haven't found any yogurt with good live cultures that he takes maybe I'll haveto try the non cholov Yosroel just for this. Anyway to help the slight thrush I see in his lips now? Shmearing the yogurt can help???

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 6:21 am
Side note- the doctor had rechecked him after the last diflucin medicine and the thrush was gone

chevi1

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 6:41 am
The amount of cultures in yogurt is insignificant. You should get him a probiotic supplement, they have all types for kids. We have chocolate bears probiotic the kids love them.....

browser

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 7:06 am
Ultimate flora is a good probiotic for kids. It's powder and u can put it in food or drink.

browser

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 7:07 am
It says may contain traces of milk or soy so I don't give it with meat.

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 8:59 am
Take him off dairy and give him a good quality probiotics every single day.

simcha2

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 9:57 am
Just a reminder to wash, with soap, and dry well the spacer after every treatment. It could be colonized with the thrush fungus and reinfecting him.

simcha2

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 9:57 am
Double post

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 10:03 am
Real white vinegar is way better than a probiotic, although she should take probiotics a few hours after antibiotics if he struggles with yeast infections. You should find some way to give him white vinegar in his food or just explain that the food or salad is like a medicine.... I've heard people have tried apple cider vinegar as well which may taste ok in juice, but I don't have experience with it, and I know that you'd have to only put a little bit inside. You should discuss it with his pediatrician because you wouldn't want to give him something that could irritate his 2 year old throat ch'v.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 3:32 pm
Thanks for all the replys. I had no idea about rinsing the spacer each time. I wash it but not each time and I just rinse it. Viniger I would be nervous giving and have no idea how I would get him to eat it. He's back on nistatine for now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics