Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Venice Beach, California

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 11:38 pm
I saw there is a shul in Venice Beach. I was wondering if it is safe to spend shabbos there?

tichellady

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 12:15 am
Yes it is safe. The beach is full of colorful eccentric people, not necessarily people who you want as role models for your kids. I would sooner spend Shabbos in the pacific palisades, Oxnard, Santa Monica or Malibu near chabad. I don't particularly love Venice beach- although the canal area is very cool.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 9:20 am
[quote="tichellady"]Yes it is safe. The beach is full of colorful eccentric people, not necessarily people who you want as role models for your kids. I would sooner spend Shabbos in the pacific palisades, Oxnard, Santa Monica or Malibu near chabad. I don't particularly love Venice beach- although the canal area is very cool.[/quote
We are going without kids. How is the Fairmont Miramer for Shabbos?

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 10:57 am
Long, long ago I belonged to that shul. Here's their website: http://pjcenter.com/

There are some high end hotels in Santa Monica. Not so close to PJC but a beautiful walk.

tichellady

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 12:38 pm
[quote="amother"]
tichellady wrote:
Yes it is safe. The beach is full of colorful eccentric people, not necessarily people who you want as role models for your kids. I would sooner spend Shabbos in the pacific palisades, Oxnard, Santa Monica or Malibu near chabad. I don't particularly love Venice beach- although the canal area is very cool.[/quote
We are going without kids. How is the Fairmont Miramer for Shabbos?

I didn't mean the kids thing literally. I have never spent Shabbat in Venice so can't help you. Good luck

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 2:02 pm
The eruv doesn't extend that far FYI. Not in Santa Monica either...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics