Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Crazy shidduch questions you were asked
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 9:43 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
Are you fit for a kohen? (Exact words)

Only ok to ask if he is a Kohen. But ask in a much better way vs making her sound like a piece of meat.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 10:57 pm
Wow these are insane! So glad I got picked by dh, not his mom, though I doubt she would have asked crazy questions like these anyway.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 11:12 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
Are you fit for a kohen? (Exact words)

Someone was trying to set me up with a man, and told me he was a kohen.
I plainly said, "I cannot marry a kohen."
Them (religious person so they know the laws): Why not?
Um. Just trust me.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 11:38 pm
zaq wrote:
[color=black]

What age were they toilet trained?
--Long before they started school.
Did she catch on to reading fast? (yes, that makes a different 20 years later!)
-- She can read fast but prefers to read slowly, the better to absorb the material
Does she eat healthy?
--No, she eats food.
How long did it take her mom to lose weight post partum?
--Like most moms, she shed at least 15 pounds the day of delivery.

I never shed 15 lbs. upon delivery. It sometimes appeared that I lost less than the baby weighed! embarrassed

Bebesimcha

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 1:28 am
These q's have zero to do with the person today being red a shidduch!!!
So out of focus!
G luck.

heidi

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 7:51 am
I have been asked what seminary a girl went to. She was 40 years old when the question was asked!!!

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 8:18 am
This is my favorite shidduch video. It's about shidduch questions and is a satire... I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGIqXd0_M3k
Shaarei Zion (Baltimore) Purim 2009 video,
it's a little over 3 minutes long:

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 9:46 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 10:03 am
amother wrote:
I got a list of "suggested shidduch questions" from somewhere, somewhen, and nearly fell off my chair when I saw "What meds does the boy or girl take regularly?" I can't say whether or not anyone really had the gall to ask such a thing IRL, but what the HECK???

Though I wouldn't phrase it that way, I would definitely inquire if there are any health issues in the family when my kids are in shidduchim.

lili

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 10:11 am
the question about periods are rude and I would never have married a guy who asked but...periods DO effect our lives very much!!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 10:25 am
lili wrote:
the question about periods are rude and I would never have married a guy who asked but...periods DO effect our lives very much!!

Yeah I once read in a marriage book that every guy marries 3 women....the regular woman, the woman with period, and the pg woman.

If a guy is not prepared to marry a WOMAN, he could just stay single. We are a package deal, ya know?!

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 10:36 am
I was asked the first date how I sleep. Meaning what kind of pyjama. I felt the question was so not proper I just answered naked I don't like pyjamas LOL

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 2:47 pm
I'm a BT and was constantly asked if my mother went to the mikvah.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
I was asked the first date how I sleep. Meaning what kind of pyjama. I felt the question was so not proper I just answered naked I don't like pyjamas LOL

I'm sure he loved that. Lol

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
I'm a BT and was constantly asked if my mother went to the mikvah.

This is the concept of being "bat niddah" - conceived while the mother is niddah. There are opinions that they have a "flawed" status and I've heard some say that they can't marry kohanim.

I'm not saying I agree, just reporting why this question is asked.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 3:23 pm
amother wrote:
This is the concept of being "bat niddah" - conceived while the mother is niddah. There are opinions that they have a "flawed" status and I've heard some say that they can't marry kohanim.

I'm not saying I agree, just reporting why this question is asked.

Yes, I've heard that it's considered a blemish/pigua, but never heard anything about it having an impact on marriage and didn't know that it affects marrying a cohen... Still, it isn't a question that should be asked on a resume or the like. It should be assumed that as a BT my mother did not go to the mivkah and if it is applicable and must be noted immediately, then ask in a sensitive manner.

Volunteer

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 3:42 pm
amother wrote:

Oh, I was once asked if I wear lingerie or sleep naked on a date. Thanks for reminding me about that one

sourstix

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 3:53 pm
oy am I glad I didnt experience these type of questions

2cents

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 4:19 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, I've heard that it's considered a blemish/pigua, but never heard anything about it having an impact on marriage and didn't know that it affects marrying a cohen... Still, it isn't a question that should be asked on a resume or the like. It should be assumed that as a BT my mother did not go to the mivkah and if it is applicable and must be noted immediately, then ask in a sensitive manner.

There is a concept of pgam when a child is conceived in nidda. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with marrying a cohen. Rav moshe has a teshuva where he writes that if you see the boy or girl has yirat shamayim, you can assume that the mother somehow was not a nidda bdieved (eg, maybe she went swimming in a lake or something...) and it should not be held against someone in shidduchim.

I only know this because dh was very makbid about this when dating and traveled to speak to rav Moshe's son about the psak.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 10:52 am
As a person or ex shadchan I almost never encountered odd questions.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics